Here is an outline of today’s assignments (Wednesday, May 13th):
● SPELLING: ‘-og’ word pattern (bog, dog, fog, hog, jog, log, blog,frog, clog, smog.) / write words in different colors using crayons or markers / watch video, og word pattern
● READING: Listen to the story, “A Sick Day for Amos McGee
A Sick Day for Amos McGee
Discuss: Let’s practice retelling! Find 2 people, even if it is a video chat, to retell this story too.
● WRITING (Narrative, Day 1) – Make a paper book and write your own “Zoo Friends” story! Leave the cover page blank, for now. Turn to pg. 1+2.
Review the animals that Amos visits and the activities they do together. Discuss – Which animals would you choose to visit at the zoo and what would you want to do with those animals? Be creative! Use speech bubbles, draw pictures, and write sentences to tell your story!
⭐️ Practice reading bag books + sight words (this, that, there, they) 📖
● MATH: Lesson 8 (Module 5). Watch the video, https://youtu.be/zwHfsvza0dA. Complete the Problem Set (p. 75-76 – see attached PDF) and Homework (p. 205-208 – student book).
● SCIENCE: None.
● SOCIAL STUDIES: Let’s put Dearborn in our Mitten state. Let mom or dad trace your hands to form our awesome state. Can you put a star where Dearborn is? Share with us on DoJo.