Hello Oakman Families!
Welcome to first grade! My name is Mrs. Osborne and I will be your child’s teacher this year. Ms. Tupa is our Pre-Student Teacher and will be with us for this year.
The whole Oakman team and myself are committed to working together to make sure that your child has a positive educational experience. We will accomplish this through the use of strong curriculum, relationship building and consistent communication. Please know that I am here to support your child in any way I can to help make this a successful and fun year!
Please read through the following information thoroughly to ensure a smooth start to the school year.
The first day of school: August 29th (half day)
- Attendance: Student attendance is mandatory and counted. If your child is ill or otherwise unable to attend please call the office.
- Grading: Students will be graded using the Dearborn grading scale (1-4). Students will be expected to complete work on time and to the best of their ability.
- Family-School Communication: All school-wide communications will be posted regularly through:
- Mrs. Osborne’s blog (click here to subscribe). It is highly recommended that all families subscribe to their teacher’s blog if they are not already.
- Oakman blog (click here to subscribe). It is highly recommended that all Oakman families subscribe to the school blog if they are not already.
- Email or robocalls
- District Blog (click here to subscribe)
- Please make sure that your contact information is updated and correct in Parent Connect to ensure that you receive all emails and phone calls. You may also call Ms. Amged for help (9am-4pm).
- Format: The format of our class will be highly structured and will provide students with the opportunity assignments, projects, and homework. In addition to regular assignments and homework, I will be expecting all work assigned in class to be completed either during class or at home and turned in the following day. While some assignments might require additional time for completion, students will be permitted to turn in those assignments on a specified due date. It is important that students complete all online and at home work as it will be counted in their report card.
This year I look forward to collaborating with your son/daughter to ensure a positive and successful academic outcome for your child. If you have any questions or concerns during the year please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for being a partner in your child’s education!