Help your student to trace and color these shapes to practice fine motor, visual motor, and visual perceptual skills.
- Have your student sit with her/his feet flat on the floor if you are working at a tabletop
- Remind your student to sit upright
- Remind your student to use her/his helper hand to stabilize the paper
- Encourage your student to keep the crayon touching the paper as s/he traces the shapes (don’t pick up the crayon at the end of each line)
- Encourage your student to color within the lines
Posted in Bilateral Coordination, Handwriting, Helpful Links, Visual Motor, Visual Perceptual by Emily Dandron, OTRL with .
The Michigan Department of Education compiled some resources for families to use while students are home due to the school closure. The documents are divided into sections with links to the various resources in each section.
Posted in Helpful Links by Emily Dandron, OTRL with .