https://mrbiggar.weebly.com/ This is Mr. Biggar’s New Website
Class Info and Expectations
قواعد الفصول الدراسية وتوقعاتها
أهلا بك! Welcome! My name is Mr. Biggar and I am excited for this new school year at Edsel Ford High School! I have been teaching for 10 years after having graduated with my bachelors degree from Eastern Michigan University and Masters of Educational Leadership from Concordia University-Ann Arbor. I hold my students to high standards and take my teaching very seriously and enjoy helping them become outstanding citizens in and out of the classroom!
*Please click on each of the tabs to find your class.
*This iBLOG will be the homepage to my classroom, however it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you become familiar with and use these items below. Download the APPS as well!
- CELL PHONE POLICY — Phones, as most agree, are an integral part of our professional and personal lives. However, they become a problem with our education. It is expected that your phone is silenced and put away before you ENTER class EVERY HOUR. If you choose to use a phone without permission, Mr. Biggar’s “2 Strike” cell phone policy will be as follows:
a.) Strike 1: The first offense of having a phone out in class without permission will result in your name being written marked. You are expected to put your phone away for the remainder of the semester.
b.) Strike 2: Your phone will be taken to the student office. It will remain there until a parent or guardian retrieves it. You will also be deducted behavior points in class.
2. GOOGLE CLASSROOM — We will be working extensively with Google this year on class assignments, videos, and games.
3. GOOGLE TRANSLATE — Help yourself by translating as you need for your education! ترجمة حسب حاجتك
4. GOOGLE DOCS — Use for turning in online assignments.
5. REMIND! — Use for reminders and important messages regarding assignment due dates, tests, quizzes, and other announcements.
- How to sign up: On your phone, type in number 81010 and text this message: @sbiggar19
6. QUIZLET — Fantastic for studying for Mr. Biggar’s assessments using games and vocabulary!
7. Soc. St. VOCAB Notebook — Weekly Vocabulary terms will be posted on Google Classroom. It is recommended that you copy them down in a 3-ring binder or notebook and build them up throughout the semester. Translate as you must! Most of or all of these terms will be on your semester final exam.
8. CLASS DOJO — Very fun and critical! This is how we will work together regarding classroom involvement and behavior. You will have a SUMMATIVE GRADE of 100 points at the end of the semester which is very important to your grade. It is up to YOU how well you do and what grade you earn on this.
As for negative (red) points,
- every 5 marks = a reset (loss of group work, seat change)
- every 10 marks = Hallway conversation
- every 15 marks = call home
- every 20 marks = Responsibility Room Referral
- every 25 marks = Detention/call home
** If a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER leaves your name in any negative fashion, you will be issued a detention and/or write up. No questions asked.
The link below are the apps for my classroom.
I look forward to a great school year with all of you!