“Once upon a page” is our theme! What does it make you think of? Do you see castles and a princess or three little pigs? Maybe you see George Washington or computers? Every genre takes you on a learning adventure! Personally, I love mysteries! I just finished a book last night by Harlan Coban. He is one of my favorite authors. Do you have a favorite author?
- Read every day for at least 15 minutes!
- Write a journal entry about something you did each day.
- Make a diorama out of a shoe box that shows a favorite scene from your book or movie or family tradition!
- Write a song to a tune (Like “Mary Had a Little Lamb”…) about vacation.
- Practice your multiplication facts! Make your own game! I made multiplication Jenga!
- Count how much change is in your mom’s purse or dad’s pocket every day!
- Follow directions….make a cake or some cookies!
- Plan some New Year resolutions!
- Make up a snow dance!
- Create a puzzle with your favorite book characters, cartoons, teachers, foods or something else!
“Fair is not everyone getting the same thing, but everyone getting what they need to be successful.”
“Smart isn’t what you know, BUT what you DO when you don’t know!”
“This is a risk-taking, mistake-making classroom!”