- SAVE THE DATE: Curriculum Night will be Wednesday, February 28th from 5:00-6:30. There will be activities, games and prizes 🙂
- Thanks so much to everyone who volunteered to drive on our field trip!! We are super excited!!
- Please read the following information about the color run: COLOR RUN
Wow! What an action-packed day!! Here is a peek into some of our fun…but first, congratulations to our students of the month – Ali and Maryam 🙂 Tomorrow we will continue to present our 100th day projects and I will post some pics of those when we are done. Many, many thanks for the help with our party, the snack donations, and my cards/gifts – it truly takes a village and I appreciate you!!!
Hi 🙂 I’m looking at the temps for tomorrow and they look like they will be pretty good for an outdoor recess…FINALLY!! With that in mind, please make sure your child has what they need to be ready to be outside…boots, snowpants, hat, gloves, etc…
I posted a quick, fun writing assignment in google classroom. Students can complete this if they are interested and then “turn in” to me for a prize from the prize box.
The trickiest part will be logging in to google classroom. They can get to google classroom by going to the Dearborn schools page, and then clicking on student resources or by clicking here. You can also try just having them log in to google like you or I would with their email address and password.
Their email address is their student firstname.lastname@example.org They all have it memorized!
Their password is their birthday. (example: 08112008)
The classroom code is ncspxg (just in case you need it!)
If you cannot get in to google classroom OR if you would rather have them do it on paper, here is a copy of what it looks like (snow day challenge). You can either print it off or they can just write on lined paper.
The directions were:
Finish the story starter by filling in the first sentence and then adding at least 3 details!
Make sure you:
- Use complete sentences
- Start sentences with a capital letter
- End every sentence with punctuation
- Friday, February 9th is a SNOW DAY!! Please stay tuned for a “Snow Day Challenge” post tomorrow 😉
- Just a reminder that the 100th day is next week (we’re moving it to Wednesday due to the snow day). We will present our posters – check out the sneak peek below- and have a 100 piece snack. Just in case, here is the note that was sent home with all the details. 100th day 2018
- Valentine’s Day is Wednesday, also 🙂 Students are welcome to wear their pajamas to go along with our pancake party theme!! If your student is bringing valentines or treat bags to pass out, please make sure they have one for each student. valentines-2018
- Permission slips came home today for our STEM field trip on Friday, March 2nd. Please send these back by Friday. Field Trip
100th day poster sneak peek:
The message below is from Howard’s STAND students and their sponsor, Mrs. Lippert:
The Fifth Annual 5th Grade Talent Show
The STAND Students are asking for a $1 donation per person attending the talent show. All proceeds will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House at Children’s Hospital in Detroit. Please bring your $1 on Wednesday.
The talent show on Wednesday is the PBiS reward for January. Students with more than 6 yellows, a blue, or a red will not be allowed to attend due to their behavior choices. Due to limited space in the gym, the talent show is for students only .
A note went home today about the quickly approaching 100th day of school! I wanted to include a few photos from some former 2nd graders and their 100th day of school posters. Posters should be completed and brought to school on Tuesday, February 13th.
- 1/2 day on Friday. Students will be dismissed at 11:45.
- Field Trip: We have a STEM based field trip scheduled on March 2nd to the Lincoln Park Roller Skating rink. We will need parent drivers for this trip, so if you can join us we’d love it!!
- CONGRATS to our students of the month, Khalil Mosallam and Lily Saad. Students of the Month are chosen because they have shown great behavior choices and responsibility in the classroom 🙂
We forgot a couple of things today. First, new spelling words did not get passed out. We will bring those home tomorrow. Also, we forgot to write “library books” in our planners. Tomorrow is library check-out, so please have students bring their books with them.
Here are a few updates and reminders:
- spelling: There are 2 changes to our spelling routine. First, we now have a list A and list B. Students who are consistently getting 100% on their spelling tests will be moved to list B for more challenging words. If your child is on list B and you have concerns, please send me an email. Second, students are now expected to do 3 activities at home. We do one in class together, plus 3 at home, so they should have 4 total activities done when they turn it in on Monday.
- RAZ-KIDS: Our awesome PTA purchased a subscription for us!! This is a great way to make sure students are reading books that are a good fit for their level. I sent home a letter today explaining how it works. The letter also includes their log in information. (If lturk5 does not work as the teacher username, please try turk13) For now I am hoping that everyone can log on and check it out. In the future, assignments on RAZ-KIDS may be part of homework assignments. Here is a link to get you started: RAZ-KIDS
- Social Studies: there is a test coming up on Tuesday. The yellow study guide came home yesterday. Please click here if you don’t have it: Social Studies Study Guide
- Science: the test for science is coming up toward the end of next week. An orange study guide will be coming home tomorrow, but here it is just in case: SG Matter
- NO SCHOOL – Monday, January 15th
- LATE START – Wednesday, January 17th