Hello Room 108 Families,
It was so great seeing you all at Parent-Teacher conferences this week! It was great talking to and showing you all the amazing lessons your child is learning.
What Did We Learn About This Week?
This week we have been learning about the letter T. We practiced making the letter T with Play-Doh, wiki stix, and dry erase boards. We talked about the sound T makes and wrote about things that start with letter T in our writing journals.
We also talked about healthy eating. During Work Time, the students looked through newspapers and cut out different types of food. We talked about if the food was healthy or unhealthy. We also explored healthy eating through literature by reading, “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.” As we read the book, we talked about the different types of food the caterpillar ate and how it helped him turn into a beautiful butterfly.
- Monday, November 15: School 8:15-3:00
- Tuesday, November 16: School 8:15-3:00
- Wednesday, November 17: School 8:15-3:00. PICTURE DAY! Envelopes were passed out on Thursday’s conferences. If you did not receive your envelope, please see me on Monday. If you are choosing to purchase pictures, please put EXACT CHANGE inside of the envelope. LifeTouch Photography DOES NOT give back change. You may turn in the envelope to me ahead of time.
- Thursday, November 18: School 8:15-3:00
Fun Weekend Activity Idea!
Go for a walk this weekend! As you walk, collect different types of leaves on the ground. Take them home and practice sorting them. You can sort them by color, size, and leaf type!
- Cotter Early Childhood Center: https://cotter.dearbornschools.org/
- Salina Elementary School: https://salinaes.dearbornschools.org/
- Michigan Licensing Rules for Childcare Centers: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/BCAL_PUB_8_3_16_523999_7.pdf