What We Are Learning
- This week we are going to be “scientists”. We are going to explore pumpkins. We will use our hands, eyes, ears, and nose while observing the pumpkin using special “scientist glasses.”
2. We are also going to do an experiment to see if pumpkins will sink or float in water. We are going to make a prediction before placing the pumpkin in the water. Then we will draw a picture of what happened after our experiment.
3. We are working on the letter F.
4. LAHC is a nutrition organization in Dearborn that comes into our classrooms to teach us about healthy foods. They will be visiting our class every Wednesday for 6 weeks. They will provide a lesson, movement activity, and snack. The children will get to make their own healthy snacks. Our first lesson is this Wednesday.
Parent Teacher Conferences
We have parent teacher conferences tomorrow evening and Thursday all day. Conferences are for parents to attend. Your child is not required to come. Siblings are not permitted to come. Please remember if you answer yes to any of the Covid questions/not feeling well (please see screening sheet that was given to you earlier in the year), if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid in the last 10 days, or have returned from international travel in the last 10 days, you cannot attend in person for your conference. We can conduct the conference on Zoom during your scheduled conference time. Please let me know as soon as possible if you need to switch from in person to Zoom. I will send you a Zoom link a few minutes prior to your conference so you can log on.
Tuesday, Nov. 9
4:00 Anna T.
Thursday, Nov. 11
For those parents who chose to meet virtually, I will send you an email with the Zoom meeting link ,meeting ID, and password the day of your conference. Please check your email. Be sure to download Zoom to your computer or phone prior to your meeting time. If you have any questions please see me or email me.
- No school on Thursday, November 11-All day conferences
- No school November 24-26 for Thanksgiving Holiday Break
Have a great week!
Mrs. Stawara and Mrs. Asad