CCR Anchor Standards for Writing (Argumentation)
- Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts by using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of tasks, purposes, and audience.
Below are the dates for our Argumentative Essay Writing Process Unit:
- Tuesday, November 1st: Socratic Circle on The Help
- Wednesday, November 2nd: Elements of Rhetoric Notes
- Thursday, November 3rd: Argumentative Essay Guidelines
- Friday, November 4th: Argumentative Essay – Brainstorming & Outline
- Monday, November 7th: Argumentative Essay – Rough Draft (handwritten & skip lines)
- Wednesday, November 9th: Argumentative Essay – Rough Draft DUE; begin Peer Edits
- Thursday, November 10th: Argumentative Essay – Peer Edits – DAY Two
- Friday, November 11th: Argumentative Essay – Second Draft of Rough draft
- Monday, November 14th: Argumentative Essay – Type Up Final Draft
- Tuesday, November 15th: Argumentative Essay – Last Day in Class to work on Essay
- Wednesday, November 16th: Argumentative Essay- Final Draft DUE by 2:15pm
*these dates are subject to change (students will be given sufficient notice if there any changes in due dates)