Please read the following information regarding WIDA testing this school year. We thank you for your cooperation during this time.
- The state of Michigan requires all English Language Learners (ELLs) to take the WIDA Assessment, an academic English language proficiency test, every year.
- There are four parts to the test: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
- Test information and results help teachers plan how best to teach your child and provide proper services.
- Based on this WIDA data, your child’s intervention support is determined.
- The test will be administered in person, and all safety measures to prevent covid-19 will be in place.
- You will receive a reminder phone call before your child’s scheduled assessment day.
- Drop off your child at the main office door.
- Students must wear masks.
- The test may take 4 hours from 8:45 until 12:45.
- Please be on time.
- Students will be marked school-related on the day of their test.
- Students will be provided with a snack.
- Students will call for a ride when they have finished testing.
- Please pick up your child promptly.