Please complete and send back permission slip for Legoland by TOMORROW!!! (Tuesday, February 5, $18 per person.)
***Please bring 2 BLACK composition notebooks to school TOMORROW– we are starting spelling and need it for homework each night!!!!**
***Please read spelling letter—1st TEST will be THIS THURSDAY (No school for kindergarten on Friday).
- Oakman Folder-Sign and return behavior calendar for February! Sh WORD bag!Today we talked about WORDS that have a sh sound like, sheep, ship, shark, fish etc. Please find 3-5 items at home that have the sh sound in the WORD and put them in this bag for your child to share in class tomorrow (Tuesday, February 5th Thank you!
- Reading/Math Bag-Please take 15 minutes to “read” each night and practice sight words… NEW books for reading pictures, listening and asking/answering questions (use bookmark), finding sight words, etc. were given in see through reading bag.
** All sight words on ring are: I, the, can, see, like, to, look, at, come, and, a, we, go, my, in, is, has, for, are, here, you, dog, up, on, have, said, it, she and new sight word LITTLE–. ***ALL should be memorized for reading and some should be able to spell on own AND begin using to write SENTENCES!!
- READING GROUP BAG—> read black and white book 3 times remembering to point to each word as you read AND extend to asking questions such as: “Find a sight word on this page. Point to word that starts with the /s/ sound. ETC.” Please keep alphabet linking chart and on back NEW consonants blends and digraphs in their bag– this is to help with reading and writing during reading groups and can be practiced at home as part of 15 minutes of reading each night!
Sign reading log for new books!
- Math- Module 3, Lesson 10— homework helper on page 235 and DO PAGES 237-238!!!
- *****Spelling Notebook (or notebook paper if did not bring in a book yet)
- Monday: Rainbow Spelling!
- Write each spelling word in pencil. Now use a crayon to trace each word in that color. Pick another color and repeat.
Please send in a school snack for February (We have 20 students in the class).
We will have a class Valentine’s Day party on the 14th so please have your child make/buy valentine’s cards to pass out to everyone in the class. (20 11 boys, 9 girls).
Reminders from the school blog:
What’s Happening at Oakman This Week?
Now that the polar vortex, snow days and freezing temperatures are behind us, we are looking forward to warmer and brighter days! We hope you all enjoyed the Superbowl weekend and had fun cheering for your favorite team.
Since we missed a few days last week, the NWEA testing window has been extended until Wednesday. Please continue to make sure that students are getting to bed on time and eating a healthy breakfast each day.
WIDA testing also starts this week. This is a yearly assessment for our English Language Learners in the areas of listening, reading, writing and speaking. Classroom teachers will let students know of their testing days.
What’s Happening this Week?
Monday: 1st day of WIDA testing window
Tuesday: Before and after-school tutoring
Wednesday: LATE START, No Morning Tutoring
PTA School Store, after-school tutoring
Thursday: Guest Speaker, Mr. Khodr Farhat
Before and after-school tutoring
Friday: No School for Kindergarten
Have a great week!