I hope you have a wonderful Spring Break!
I won’t be assigning new work this week, but you can complete your missing assignments. Check Student Connect to see what you need to do. All iLearn assignments and quizzes are available now. This is the only time I will make past iLearn assignments available. Once you finish your missing assignments, email me which ones you completed so I know to update your grade. All missing assignments are due Sunday, April 12th by 5pm. I won’t update grades or respond to emails until Monday, April 13th (after Spring Break).
Stay safe! Here is an informational video on COVID-19 Mr. DeMaio created.
I hope you are staying safe and healthy! Here is a video from the Woodworth Staff with a special message for you:
Woodworth Video to Students
The iLearn Quiz for this week on Data on Dot Plots and Histograms is available now on iLearn. You need to complete it by Sunday, April 5th at 5pm.
Next week is Spring Break! I won’t be assigning new assignments so use that week to complete all your missing work. All iLearn assignments assigned these past 3 weeks of online learning will be available again. This will be the ONLY time that I open past iLearn assignments. You can also make up your missing iReady minutes. Once you finish your missing assignments, email me so I can update your grade (Subject Line: Name-Core-Assignment Name(s)).
Many students did not complete the iLearn Quiz: Mean, Median, Mode and Range from last week. Remember, iLearn quizzes are posted every Friday.
You usually are not able to access work from prior weeks on iLearn. However, next week (over Spring Break), everyone will be able to access the past 3 weeks of iLearn assignments (including the quizzes). If you received a low score because you didn’t get a smart score of 80 on the assigned ixl skills or you missed a quiz, you can complete it next week. You can also make up your iReady minutes.
Next week, please email me when you make up your iReady minutes, iLearn Assignments, or iLearn quizzes, so I know to update your grade. Your email’s subject needs to be Name-Core-Assignment Name (ie. Rick Smith-Core 2-iLearn Quiz: Mean, Median, Mode, and Range, Annie Harrison-Core 3-iReady Minutes: Week 2, etc). In the email tell me which assignment(s) you completed and your score/minutes completed. Keep up the good work!
Guess which staff member goes which each baby picture in the Guess the Woodworth Staff Member (Baby Picture Contest). The top 3 students with the MOST correct answers will get a Dairy Queen gift card sent to their house! Deadline is Monday, April 6th.
Post a themed picture of yourself each day on instagram with #WoodworthStrong. For more details read Virtual School Spirit Week. Go Hornets!
Monday: Post a picture of you in your Pjs
Tuesday: Post a picture of you eating your favorite snack
Wednesday: Post a picture of you with your “classmates” (family and pets)
Thursday: Post a picture of you doing something active OR share your favorite tiktoc dance
Friday: Post a picture of you in your Woodworth gear
Hi everyone! Below are the math assignments for Week 3 of at home learning. I have really enjoyed meeting with students who need help via Google Hangout! Please email me if you would like my help in iLearn or iReady.
- Complete 60 minutes of iReady by Sunday, April 5th 5pm. I will continue to email students to set up Google Hangouts if they fail a quiz twice.
- This week complete all assignments on iLearn by Sunday, April 5th 5pm.
- Watch iReady interactive videos and take notes
- Complete ixl skills 6th grade G.G.6 and 6th grade G.G.12 with a smart score of 80 (worth 5 points). Even if you have already worked on these skills before, you need to log in to ixl and work on them to show me you still understand how to do them.
- Complete Quiz: Display Data on Dot Plots, Histogram, and Box Plots. This will be posted by Friday. You get 2 tries. (It is worth 10 points.)
Hi everyone! Below are the math assignments for Week 2 of at home learning. Thank you to the many students who did a fantastic job completing Week 1! Now in iLearn, Week 1 is shut off (you cannot see this anymore). You must work on Week 2.
- Quarter 3 ends this Friday! All missing work is due Wednesday, March 25th. Email me a picture of your completed missing work with the subject line Name-Core-Assignment Name (ie. Alice Smith-Core 3-Math Menu: Lesson 11).
- This week complete 60 minutes of iReady (go to Clever and log in) by Sunday, March 29th 5pm. Remember, email me immediately if you receive a score lower than 67% on a quiz so I can set up a Google Hangout with you to go over your quiz.
- This week complete all assignments on iLearn (go to Clever and log in) by Sunday, March 29th 5pm. The expectation is that you watched the Khan video, worked on Khan, wrote down the notes (if you need them), and completed the ixl skill 6th grade HH.2 (100). You will also have another assignment to complete on iLearn that will be posted later in the week!
Monday, March 23rd from 8:30am-10:00am is the last available time to pick up a Chromebook from Woodworth Middle School. One chromebook per household. Parents MUST be present with a valid ID and the student MUST have their Woodworth ID. For more details check out this post on our school blog.
I’ve received a few emails about iReady having technical issues. In order to compensate for your lost time, I’m going to extend your due date for 60 minutes on iReady to Saturday by 5pm. Your iLearn assignments are still due Sunday by 5pm. If you have any questions, please email me. Keep up the hard work!