Hello Room 107 Families,
It was so great being back in the classroom and learning with your child! We learned so much already! Here are some updates and reminders…
- Parent Meeting is on Thursday, January 13 on ZOOM. There is no school this day. Please check your text messages from Seesaw for the Zoom link. A sign up sheet will be available on Monday.
- Picture Re-Take is on Thursday, January 13 from 9:00-1:00 in the Salina Elementary gym. If you would like your child’s picture taken, you may take your child to the gym any time from 9:00-1:00.
- There is no school on Monday, January 17 due to Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Please send your child to school with EXTRA MASKS in their backpacks.
Next Week at Salina…
- Monday, January 10: School 8:15-3:00
- Tuesday, January 11: School 8:15-3:00
- Wednesday, January 12: School 8:15-3:00
- Thursday: NO SCHOOL! Parent Meeting on Zoom! Picture Re-Take from 9:00-1:00 in the Gym!
What Did We Learn About This Week?
We learned about letter Q this week! We practiced making letter Q with Play-Doh and Wiki Stix. We also wrote about letter Q in our writing journals.
We read two stories this week: “The Hat,”and, “The Mitten,” by Jan Brett. We talked about the characters and the problems in the stories.
Fun Weekend Activity Idea!
Our class has been spending a lot of time building with cups in the Block Area. This is fun because it allows the children to use real-life materials for learning purposes. This weekend, I encourage your child to build with cups! As they build, they can count how many cups they are using to build a tower.
- Cotter Early Childhood Center: https://cotter.dearbornschools.org/
- Salina Elementary School: https://salinaes.dearbornschools.org/
- Michigan Licensing Rules for Childcare Centers: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/BCAL_PUB_8_3_16_523999_7.pdf