Announcements and Reminders
Hello Room 107 Families,
Thank you again for another successful week of school! As we continue this school year, please be mindful of these announcements and reminders…
Week of October 11-14:
- Monday, October 11-Wednesday, October 13: Full day of school 8:15 AM-3:00 PM.
- Thursday, October 14: NO SCHOOL – Parent Meeting at 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM. PLEASE BRING YOUR CHILD TO THE MEETING.
- School starts at 8:15 AM and dismissal is at 3:00 PM. An adult who is at least 18 years old AND listed on their emergency card must be with your child at all times.
- Blankets were sent home on Thursday. Please wash your child’s blanket and bring it back on Monday. Blankets will stay at school all week until Thursdays.
- NO PERSONAL FOOD OR DRINK should come to school (*unless your child has food allergies and we have discussed accommodations*).
- NO TOYS OR MONEY should come to school.
- If your child will be absent, please call the classroom (313) 827-6575 OR text me on Remind to let me know.
Our first Parent Meeting is on Thursday, October 14. This meeting is for both the parent AND child. A sign up sheet has been passed around for the 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM time slots. If you have not signed up yet, please let me know. Remind messages will be sent the day before the meeting.
Reminders about the Parent Meeting:
- Parent meetings are mandatory – this will count for your child’s attendance.
- One parent AND child will come to the meeting.
- There is no school on Parent Meeting days.
Fun Activity Idea!
Looking for a fun activity to do with your child this weekend? Practice counting to 10 with one-to-one correspondence! There are multiple ways your child can practice counting that is both fun and easy. Here are some ideas:
- Go for a walk and count how many trees you see.
- When your child is cleaning up their toys, count how many toys they have.
- Build a tower and count how many blocks they stacked.
- When putting away laundry, count how many pieces of clothing they have.
- When eating a snack, count how many pieces of snack they will eat.
Here is a fun counting video we have been singing this week:
- Cotter Early Childhood Center: https://cotter.dearbornschools.org/
- Salina Elementary School: https://salinaes.dearbornschools.org/
- Michigan Licensing Rules for Childcare Centers: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/BCAL_PUB_8_3_16_523999_7.pdf