Dear Parents: Reminder that there is a half day on Monday, 1/25/21. There will be no Specials or Learning Labs that afternoon. Regular Learning Labs will begin again on Tuesday, 1/26/21. Thank you!
Dear Parents: Here are some important reminders for next week:
Mon. 1/18 NO SCHOOL (MLK JR. DAY)
Tues. 1/19 NO LEARNING LABS; NWEA Testing for: Hala, Mohammed, Zoe, Batoul, Ghinwa, Mahdi, Julian
Wed. 1/20- Thurs. 1/21 Regular Schedule and Learning Labs
Fri. 1/22 1/2 DAY (No afternoon Specials or Learning Labs)
Mon. 1/25 1/2 DAY (No afternoon Specials or Learning Labs)
Parent Information for NWEA Assessments
- It is very important that the results from the NWEA assessment are valid or real from the actual student taking the assessment. The student who is logged in should be the only one taking the assessment and answering the questions. A very helpful suggestion is to have a parent or older brother or sister help with getting the test started. They can help with finding the NWEA website and logging them into the program. Once the student has started the assessment, they should be the only one deciding on which answer they are going to choose.
- The results are used to see where the student is at with specific subjects areas or skills at this point in the school year. It will help the teacher and the staff understand if they need help in a certain area, that they are where they are supposed to be at this time, or if they are excelling in a certain area.
- We can then use the results or data to help us understand what extra support a student may need before the end of the school year or before the next NWEA spring assessment. The scores of the assessments are compared with each other from the Fall to Winter. This shows the growth the student is making and the areas we need to focus on. These goals areas are also focused on during small group meetings and learning labs.
- We would like for students to find a quiet place in the house to take the assessment. This will help them to focus when they are reading and answering the questions.
- It is also very important that the student’s camera is always on during the assessment. This will give the teacher a chance to see what the student is doing and if they are in need of any assistance or help.
- If your child needs to ask the teacher a question during the assessment we would like for them to put it in the chat, instead of calling it out to the teacher. This will help with not interrupting the other students that may be online taking the assessment at the same time.
Dear Parents: I have had to rearrange my NWEA Testing Schedule due to some technical issues today. Please see the new schedule below:
Thurs. 1/14 NWEA Testing 12:20 Omid, Rawad, Lila, Mariam Harajli, Rayanna
*NOTE: THIS START TIME IS EARLIER.
Fri. 1/15 NWEA Testing 1:20 Mariam Hadi, Shatha, Ali H. Ali A. Zineb, Adam
Mon. 1/18 NO SCHOOL MLK JR. DAY
Tues. 1/19 NWEA Testing 1:20 Hala, Mohammed, Zoe, Batoul, Ghinwa, Mahdi, Julian
The students will come onto Zoom at their scheduled time, and I will share the link to go onto the NWEA Testing site. The students will test until they finish (approximately 90 minutes with breaks.) The students will only be tested in Reading this time. Thank you. Please call or email me with any questions.
Dear Parents: The schedule for DRA Testing this week is as follows:
Mon. 1/4 (1:20 Layah) (1:40 Maelle) (2:00 Miles) (2:20 Julian) ( 2:40 Taleen)
Tues. 1/5 (1:20 Omid) (1:40 Rawad) (2:00 Lila) (2:20 Mariam Harajli) (2:40 Rayanna)
Wed. 1/6 ( 1:20 Hala) (1:40 Mohammed) (2:00 Zoe) (2:20 Batoul) (2:40 Ghinwa)
Thurs. 1/7 ( 1:20 Mariam Hadi) (1:40 Shatha) (2:00 Mahdi) (2:20 Ali H.) (2:40 Ali A.)
Fri. 1/8 ( 1:20 Noor) (1:40 Yossef) (2:00 Adam) (2:20 Zineb)
Students should meet with me on Zoom at their scheduled time. I will share the book with them. Thank you.
Dear Parents: Please have students rejoin my Zoom meeting as soon as the field trip is over. Thank you.
Passing out location moved for Mrs. Kowalski and Mrs. Nardone to Office door, front of building. Repairs are being made at other location. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dear Parents: There will be a resource pass out day on Tues., Dec. 15 from 12:20-3:30 at the basketball court area of the playground (same area as before). I have a small treat for the students, and a fun Winter Packet for them to work on, as well as another packet to be used in case of emergency/internet issues. The students may also bring their cards/posters that they made for Mrs. Nardone because she will be there that day as well. Due to the passing out, there will be no Groups/Learning Labs that day for Mrs. Nardone or myself. Thank you!
Dear Parents: Starting today, students will find their posted assignment for Technology on Schoology. It will not be a live lesson on Zoom anymore. They will be completing a posted assignment on Schoology. Also, if they have questions about their assignment for Technology, they may attend a live question/answer session with Ms. L. on Wednesdays at 1:00 PM on Zoom. They DO NOT have to attend the question/answer session unless they have specific questions about the assignment. Thank you.
Dear Parents: This is a reminder that the 3rd Grade teachers will be passing out new books, etc. tomorrow (11/12) and Friday (11/13) fom 1:30-3:30 PM at the basketball court part of the playground. There will be no Learning Labs (Groups) on these days. Thank you.