Sharing information with others
Today you will be adding a slide with your information source and adding transitions and animations.
Last week you should have completed slides 1-4
Slide 1: Title Slide – It should have your name, the name of your favorite animal, and a picture of the animal.
Slides 2-4: Slides with one fact each
- Add slide transitions
- Animate the image on the title slide
- Add Slide 5: Sources. Copy and paste the MLA article citation from World Book Kids
Link to World Book Kids https://www.worldbookonline.com/kids/home?subacct=O6106
When you are done, share it with me firstname.lastname@example.org
To access Google Slides, Log into Clever. Remember your email address is your student number with @dearbornschools.org
When you are done, you may use Code. org
Content Objective:I can use a computer to communicate with others.
Language Objective: I can use pictures and words to share factual information.
Tech for 3rd Graders
September Lessons – Bruce Pantaleo
- Lesson #1:
-Review of rules and procedures
-Book care and etiquette
-Review the neigborhoods
Read aloud: Finding Winnie Part 1 (Mattick)
– Logging in/logging out
-Review of familiar terms (desktop/toolbar/scrollbar/browser)
-Quick searches (finding Long and DuVall blog)
-Placing useful sites on the bookmark bar/using bookmarks
-Revisiting the links on “Useful Links for Everyone”
-Leaving a clean lab/logging out
I can place the Long and DuVall blog page on my toolbar.
- Lesson #2:
-What makes a good fit book?
-Elements of fiction
-Popular elementary series
Read aloud: Finding Winnie Part 2 (Mattick)
– Review the following terms: logon screen, desktop, bookmarks bar,
– Opening Long and DuVall blog from the Bookmarks Bar
– Logging in and keyboarding using Google Docs
I can navigate to the BookFlix site all by myself.
- Lesson #3:
-More with fiction
-Making sense of spine labels
Read aloud: Sam and Dave Dig a Hole (Barnett)
– More with Google Docs
– Type the Pledge of Allegiance on a Google Doc
– Shift vs. Caps Lock
– Read a BookFlix/Storyline Online/Myon eBook
– Logging in and using Typing.com (6 minutes)
I will concentrate on using the Shift key when making capital letters.
- Lesson #4:
– Continue the Pledge of Allegiance
– Using online and dictionary, thesaurus, and rhyming dictionary.
– Trick: Quick Command Copy: (Control + C) Paste: (Control + V)
Activity: Define the challenging words in the Pledge and add them to your Doc.
- Lesson #1:
– Pledge of Allegiance (define the challenging words)
Read aloud: The Widow’s Broom (Van Allsburg) Part 1
- Lesson #2:
– Continue with discussion on book series (ordering books for the library)
– Continue with the Pledge Activity
-MyOn, MobyMax, Typing.com, BookFlix
Read aloud: The Widow’s Broom (Van Allsburg) Part 2
- Lesson #3:
– Continue Pledge
– Utilize the online thesauras and rhyming dictionary
Read aloud: Diary of a Worm (Cronin) /Scaredy Squirrel (Watt)
- Lesson #4: MyOn (Halloween Hide and Seek)/ Space Case (BookFlix)/ Finish Pledge
- Lesson #1: MyOn Project (Animals)/ Pledge/Choice time RA: Grandfather’s Journey (Say)
- Lesson #2: Word Cloud: School RA: A Fine, Fine School (Creech)
- Lesson #3: Acrostic Poem: type Thankful
- Lesson #4: Reward Week
- Lesson #1: Destiny/MyOn/Typing.com RA: Courage (179 Waber)
- Lesson #2: Destiny/MyOn/Typing.com RA: Tuesday (Wiesner)
- Lesson #3: Destiny/MyOn/Typing.com/Space Case RA: Dogs (Simon)
- Lesson #1: More Destiny
- Lesson #2: Cyber Five/More Destiny/ RA: The Best Story (Spinelli)
- Lesson #3: Destiny Quest/Adding a Chrom app/MyOn / RA: A Bad Case of Stripes(Shannon)
- Lesson #4: Preparation for Destiny Test
- Lesson #1: Destiny Test/Introduction to Slides project/Google Maps
RA: Saturdays and Teacakes (Laminack)
- Lesson #2: Slides/Another chance to pass your Destiny test/Themes and Layouts
- Lesson #3: More Slides/ Introduce and explore Google Maps RA: The Mysteries of Harris Burdick (Van Alsburg)
- Reward Week!
- Lesson #1: More Slides (research project)
- Lesson #2: Continue research project presentation
- Lesson #3: Continue research presentation RA: Olivia Goes to Venice (Falconer)
- Lesson #4: Continue research presentation (transitions) RA: Lon Po Po (Young)
or one of the Lagoon books (Thaler)
- Lesson #1: Spring Break
- Lesson #2: Continue presentations RA: The Garden of Abdul Gasazi (Van Alsburg)
- Lesson #3: Continue presentations
- Lesson #4: Finish presentations RA: Runny Babbit (Silverstein)
- Lesson #1: More Google Sheets RA: Zoom (Banyai)
- Lesson #2: Create a Reading Log RA: Thank You, Mr. Falker (Polacco)
- Lesson #3: Storyboard That RA: Flotsam (Weisner)
- Lesson #4: Reward Week!
- Review/Final Project