ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 1ST, 2021. There is only 1 application for all programs. The application is the same application no matter which program you apply to. The application link is located at the bottom of this page, but please review all other information listed below before completing the application.
YOU WILL NEED YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN CONTACT INFORMATION TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION.
INTERESTED STUDENTS MAY APPLY FOR ONLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 5 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMS.
Henry Ford Early College High School (HFEC) is specifically for students interested in entering the health care profession. This small high school is a collaboration between the Dearborn Public Schools, Henry Ford College (HFC), and the Henry Ford Health System. Students enter the school in the 9th grade to pursue a career in health care. Successful completion of the 5-year program results in students earning a high school diploma and an associate of science degree, a career-ready certificate, and/or up to two years of college credit. Each Henry Ford Early College is dedicated towards health careers. You may view the available degrees and/or certificates, here. Health Careers Offered:
Advanced Manufacturing High School (MFG) this small high school is a collaboration between the Dearborn Public Schools and Henry Ford College (HFC). The school has obtained a grant from Ford Motor Company. Students enter the school in the 9th grade to pursue a career in engineering and/or manufacturing field. Successful completion of the 5-year program results in students earning a high school diploma and an associate of science degree, a career-ready certificate, and/or up to two years of college credit. Manufacturing Careers Offered:
Pre-Education High School is specifically for students interested in becoming Educators. This small high school is a collaboration between the Dearborn Public Schools and Henry Ford College (HFC). Successful completion of the 5 year program results in students earning a high school diploma and an associate of science degree in Elementary, Secondary, or Special education, a paraprofessional certificate, and/or up to two years of college credit, at no cost to the students or their families. Courses Offered:
The link to complete the HFEC/MFG/Education Application is below. Before you click and begin completing your application, please take note to these points:
1. You must be logged into YOUR school email account, NOT a friends or moms etc.
2. When you click the link, the first page is important information, Read it (do not skip it), then click NEXT
3. After you hit NEXT, you will be in the application process, make sure your parents are with you when you complete the application. (One application per student, per DPS email)
4. Recommendation letters will be sent to your counselor, science, and math teachers to complete and the report cards will be sent by the school. (you, the student, do not need to do anything in this step)
5. All of this takes time and (all emails on the application) will receive an email once your application is complete.
6. Only 1 application per student will be accepted.
7. Application may not be edited/changed after you click submit.
To help you prepare for the essay questions that are included in the application, here they are:
- Why do you want to attend our school?
- What career are you interested in?
- What steps do you plan on taking to fulfill your career goals?
APPLICATION LINK https://forms.gle/hmAANWwmRBwH68rY9
APPLICATION DUE NO LATER THAN MARCH 1ST
IMPORTANT: Once you have applied, please continue to check your school email for further communications from the Early College.
Ms. Gronau – Woodworth Counselor email@example.com
For additional program information or answers to questions that you may have, please contact HFEC counselors at:
Ms. Karry Bazzi, counselor