*Students are working at cooperative learning stations (see last week’s post)
*Grades for the Criteria and Constraints activity were posted today; remember that work can be corrected and resubmitted at any time!
*Today is the last day students will spend at cooperative learning stations; corrections will be done tomorrow.
*If a student has been absent, they must follow absence procedures to makeup what has been missed (ask your child what these are, they know). If the activity requires items at school, make-ups can be done before school any time after 7:15 am.
*Marshmallow Challenge Informed Attempt
Four Seasons in Michigan Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KJT37xZ17g
Learn to Tie a Bowline Knot in 1 Second: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLgPVm03OGI
Invention Convention Introduction Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q5peAEZ4so
Mackinac Bridge and Tacoma Narrows Bridge Videos
- Go to YouTube.
- Copy and paste the video title “Riding on Mackinac Bridge, windy day August 2013” or try this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keUzZJb45tQ
- Write down observations from the video
- Copy and paste the video title “Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse “Gallopin’ Gertie” or try this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw&feature=youtu.be&t=122
- Write down observations from the video.
- Compare and contrast the two videos
Tuesday: Students participated in the Marshmallow Challenge:
Wednesday: Criteria and Constraints Activity:
Uncover Your Ideas:
Thursday: Continued Criteria and Constraints:
Friday: Continued Criteria and Constraints: Connect Your Ideas: Directions and Links
Please click on the “First Week of School” tab for information about this week: https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/farkask/week-one-down/