Physics Mr. Kendall
School Year 2019-2020
Dearborn High School
Classroom Behavior Expectations and Procedures:
- The Student Code of Conduct will be enforced at all times.
- Be prompt to class.
- Be attentive, polite, and courteous.
- Bring all materials to class: textbook, loose leaf paper, pen or pencil, calculator, planner. It is recommended that you purchase a graphing calculator and learn to use it. Instructions for use will not be given during tests.
- Stay in assigned area as directed and treat the classroom/lab facility and equipment with care.
- The teacher’s desk, workroom, office, storage room, closets, cabinets, etc. are off limits to students unless given permission.
- Students must remain SEATED until the bell rings at the end of the hour.
- Cell phone use is NOT permitted at any time.
Evaluation and Grading Procedures:
- All assignments are due at the beginning of class unless stated differently.
- Following an absence it is the responsibility of the student to turn in and/or make-up all missed assignments.
- When you arrive to class each day a bellwork directive will be placed on the board. You will have about 1 minute after the tardy bell to complete this directive.
- All lab activities will be done in groups of 2-4. You are expected to be an active participant during lab. Each member of a group will be responsible for understanding the classroom learning just prior to the lab, the lab procedure, and how to use the data collected to achieve the objective(s) of the lab activity.
- All lab policies and procedures must be followed. Failure to do so will result in loss of lab privileges and a significant grade reduction due to missed work.
- There will be an opportunity at the end of the semester to drop your lowest test grade if the following conditions are met: Total # of Tardies < 4 and One or Less Absences on Test Days.
Grades will be based on the following:
Summative 80% – tests, quizzes and final exam
Formative 20% – homework, classwork, bellwork, labs
Grades will be assigned using the following scale. Standard rounding rules apply.
100 – 93 = A 92 – 90 = A-
89 – 87 = B+ 86 – 83 = B 82 – 80 = B-
79 – 77 = C+ 76 – 73 = C 72 – 70 = C-
69 – 67 = D+ 66 – 63 = D 62 – 60 = D- 59 or below = E
Check Parent Connect/Student Connect for current grades.
Phone: 313-827-7693 (leave message)