We continue to appreciate interacting with those who are able to join us during our live sessions! Please share our recorded session or our slides with your child and enjoy the videos and songs together! In our session we demonstrate how to make sensory bottles and bags at home with your child.
- Start by putting SOME of the ingredients in the bottle or the bag and ask your child is she wants “more”. You may need to provide a verbal model by saying “more” or “I want more” as well a visual model by making the sign with your hands. You could also verbally model “yes” with a head nod and “no” with a head shake.
- Have your child help you look for objects around the house to put in the bottle/bag or provide options for him to make a choice between 2 objects. Hold up 2 objects and have him use his preferred mode of communication to choose such as eye gaze, pointing, reaching and taking hold of the object, or verbalizing.
- Extend the activity by giving many choices of color, size, shape, and quantity. Please see examples below.
- When you see a decrease in your child’s attention ask her if she is done. You may need to provide a verbal model by saying “done” or “I’m all done” as well a visual model by making the sign with your hands. You could also verbally model “yes” with a head nod and “no” with a head shake.
- Enjoy! Contact me if you have any questions at email@example.com. 🙂
- Color choice: “Do you want blue glitter or red glitter?”
- Size choice: “Do you want a small paper clip or a large paper clip?”.
- Shape choice: “Do you want a square foam sticker or a circle foam sticker?”
- Quantity choice: “Do you want 5 beads or 10 beads?”