Writing letters, numbers, and pre-writing shapes in different textures helps students to engage, learn, and remember what they are practicing! Try these different ideas on a tray, plate, or table.
- Shaving Cream (add food coloring for extra fun!)
- Whipped cream (add food coloring for extra fun!)
- Dish Soap
Need a Less Messy Option?
- Try putting a small amount of paint and dish soap (or hair conditioner) in a large seal-able plastic bag.
- Tape over the seam with shipping tape (or duct tape) to prevent the seal from breaking
- Lay the bag on a flat surface
- Use your index finger (pointer finger) or a Q-tip to create different shapes, letters, and numbers
Posted in Handwriting, Sensory, Visual Motor and tagged fine motor, handwriting, letters, numbers, pre-writing shapes, sensory by Emily Dandron, OTRL with .