I wanted to provide you an update with what to expect following the Governor’s requirement of District plans for Continued Learning requirements in Dearborn. Homework and online attendance will count for 4th card marking grades in Dearborn! Here is the press release from our Superintendent: Dearborn Continued Learning Plan
Grading: The district has now switched over to participation grades for 4th card marking . The grading will be as followed:
- Meeting: Student has completed all work for the week, they were active on all 3 programs for the minimum time required by the district (Seesaw, RAZ kids/Reading Eggs, Math Seeds).
- Progressing: Student has completed most work for the week, they were active on 2 programs for the minimum time required by the district.
- Limited Participation: Student has completed some work for the week, they were active on only 1 program for the minimum time required by the district (RAZ-Kids, Reading Eggs, Math Seeds).
- Zero: Students were not active on our programs this week.
If you do not have access to technology, please let the teacher know! To accommodate families, we have also included worksheets in our weekly plans posted on the blog every Monday morning. You may check in with the teacher and let them know you have completed alternative work/ worksheets for participation by sending them a picture via email, Seesaw or the Remind App.
Google Meets: Each week, I am planning to do a virtual meet up with my students on google meets. Every Tuesday at 10:30 am will be our designated virtual meeting time:). I will place the link in Dojo on Monday mornings. I can’t wait to see and talk to my students and families!
Few things before our meetings:
- If you are working from a laptop/computer/chromebook you should not need to download anything like zoom. If you are on a phone or iPad, download the Google Meets app, send me a dojo message if you need help 🙂
- I am going to ask for your help with the first meeting. We have seen that when too many students are on, it is hard for them to hear each other and me. On Zoom I was able to mute the students if I needed to say something, but that feature is not available with google meets. I am going to ask that parents show your child how to MUTE and UNMUTE during our video chats so that when they are not speaking, they can turn their sound off and hear me 🙂
- In order to view our whole class, you will need to make sure you have the Google Meet Grid View. You can download this view on google chrome.
- I am NOT an expert at google meets. I am very new at this and will be learning with all of you. Please be patient and understanding during this trial time…I appreciate you!
- On THURSDAYS at 10:30 am I am also available to help students and parents with anything they need. If you would like me to video chat with you, please just send me a dojo message and I am happy to help out!
Specials: The specials teachers will be checking in to see that your child is completing Art, Music, and Physical Education skills each week. You can find their iblog links on the weekly assignment sheet that is provided on Mondays. The special teachers will be grading your child for 4th cardmarking as well, so please make sure to visit their blogs regularly.
- Make sure to join our virtual meetings via Google Meets every Tuesday at 10:30 am!
- Make sure to complete weekly assignments (posted on Monday morning)! 90 minutes a day!
- Log onto RAZ kids, Reading Eggs, and Math Seeds each day!
- Participate in Gym, Art and Music each week!