Spelling – 4th Grade – Unit 4
Week 12: Review weeks 8-10
Content Area Words & Definitions:
- millimeters – A metric unit of length. 1,000 millimeters = 1 meter. Ex. The dot on a ladybug is about 1 millimeter wide.
- centimeters – A metric unit of length. 100 centimeters = 1 meter. Ex. A ladybug is about 1 centimeter long.
- grams – The standard unit of mass in the metric system. 1,000 grams = 1 kilogram. Ex. The mass of a paperclip is about 1 gram.
- measurement – Determining the physical quantity of something such as length, time, temperature, or volume in terms of a unit of measurement such as feet, seconds, degrees, or liters.
- kilograms – A metric unit of mass equal to 1000 grams. Ex. A kilogram (km) is about the mass of a dictionary.