We had a blast on our bowling field trip to Ford Lanes yesterday! Thank you to all of our chaperones – we literally could not have gone without you!
Due to some lanes being under construction while we were there, Ford Lanes was kind enough to refund our money to make up for the inconvenience. Each student is bringing home $8 in their folder today.
Here are a few of the pics shared with me by parents 🙂
What a beautiful day for a picnic!! Thanks so much to everyone who joined us today and to our room parents for planning and organizing. The kids had a great time 🙂
- Field Trip – Permission slips went home this week for our bowling field trip on Monday, June 12. If you need another copy, click here. Money and the permission slip are due next Wednesday.
- Social Studies – We will have our last Social Studies test next Thursday, June 8. A study guide went home. Click here for another copy.
- Our 2nd grade class picnic will be next Thursday, June 8th from about noon-2:00ish. Students will need to bring a bag lunch and a drink/water bottle that day. Our room parents are coordinating snacks and games.
- CONGRATULATIONS to our gold, silver, and bronze PBIS award winners today!!
Birthday Bash today was great!!! Thanks so much to our organizers and volunteers – you are awesome 🙂 Here are a few pics (if you have some, will you send them to me???)
Also, please mark you calendars for 2 important dates!! Thursday, June 8th will be our 2nd grade picnic and Monday, June 12th we are going bowling at Ford Lanes (we will need parent drivers for this trip!) More information for each event will be coming soon 🙂
Howard Elementary School and all Dearborn Schools are involved in an ongoing continuous improvement process, of which parents and guardians are an integral part. We are using the AdvancED Parent Survey as a means to elicit your opinions to help target areas for the school system to improve and areas to continue to be effective. Your opinion is important to us, and we ask that you take the time to complete this survey. The online survey will be available until 5/31/17. In order to complete the survey, please click on this link: https://goo.gl/NltlrJ
Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous and your honest opinions are appreciated. If you have any questions about this survey, please contact your school principal at email@example.com
Your cooperation and support in completing the parent survey will be greatly appreciated.
Daniel J. Blessing, Ed.S.
Howard Elementary School
أولياء الأمور الكرام ،
مدرستنا وجميع مدارس ديربورن في عملية تطوير و تحسين مستمرة و دائمة ،يعتبر خلالها الأهل والأوصياء جزء لا يتجزأ و جوهري لسيرها. نستخدم استطلاع رأي متطور و خاص بالأهالي كوسيلة للاطلاع على آرائهم التي من شأنها المساعدة في استهداف المناطق الفعالة والمؤثرة على سير العملية التطويرية للمدرسة. رأيك مهم بالنسبة لنا،لذا نرجو منكم الاجابة على الاستطلاع لإتمام هذه الدراسة. يتوفر استطلاع الرأي عبر شبكة الإنترنت من 5/9 _5/31 . من أجل إكمال الدراسة، يرجى الضغط على الرابط التالي : https://goo.gl/NltlrJ
نؤكد أن مشاركتكم و اجاباتكم حول هذا الاستطلاع سرية و لن يتم معرفة شخصية من قام بالاستطلاع، و أن آرائكم الصادقة هي موضع تقدير. إذا كان لديكم أي أسئلة حول هذا الاستبيان، يرجى الاتصال بمكتب المدرسة عبر البريد الالكتروني التالي <<firstname.lastname@example.org شكرا لكم مقدما على مساندتكم ودعمكم لعملية تطوير و تحسين المدرسة .
نقدر تعاونكم ودعمكم في إكمال هذا الاستطلاع و لكم جزيل الشكر.
We had so much fun this morning at field day!! Thanks so much to all the parents who volunteered, or who stopped by to hang out, and made today a success! Here are a few pics from today – there are more, believe me, lol – and one from the Tigers reward yesterday thrown in, too 🙂
- Wednesday is a late start! Students arrive at 9:35 🙂
- Thursday will be our PBIS reward for April. Students who had 0 blue card flips and 4 or less yellows are able to participate. We will watch part of the 1:00 Detroit Tigers game. Students are able to bring a (junky) snack and a drink to enjoy while they are watching.
- Friday is field day!! Our class will be outside from 9:10-11:00. Please have your child dressed in comfortable clothes and bring a water bottle with their name on it. I haven’t checked the weather, but if it is sunny, you may want to apply sunscreen before they leave the house.
Just a couple notes before I gush about how awesome you are, lol:
- The clean-up parade is tomorrow at 1:30. We will be walking around the block. The students are making headbands to wear in class tomorrow morning, so please don’t make signs at home.
- We have NWEA testing the next 2 mornings! Please try and make sure everyone gets a good night of rest, eats breakfast, and brings a snack.
Teacher appreciation week was awesome and I have you and the PTA to thank for it!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the gifts – your thoughtfulness, your donation, and your time given were not overlooked. The bulletin board, the flowers, and the many perfect gifts given on Friday were amazing. I am so thankful to each of you for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to think of me!!! You guys ROCK!
Is anyone willing to return cans for us? We may actually need 2 volunteers at this point?
- We are still collecting empty returnable bottles and cans through the end of next week. We have a few bags in the classroom already, is there anyone willing to return them for us?
- ‘Tis the season of testing, lol. We will do our NWEA math and reading tests next week on Tuesday and Wednesday. I will need to start DRA testing, also – during that time, I will not be meeting with reading groups like normal.
- The clean-up parade is scheduled for Tuesday, May 9th at 1:30 p.m. I will pass along more details as they come.
- The form sent home regarding parent input for 3rd grade teacher groupings is due by May 12th. Forms will not be accepted after this date.
- Late start: May 17th