A few pictures from today 🙂
We did it!!! Thanks so much to everyone who helped by donating. We rocked with over 500 food items!! The Cans for a Cause food drive was sponsored by Yogurtopia so everyone is bringing home a $5 gift card today as a reward for our class donating the most!
- The last day to donate cans will be this Monday, November 20th. We have been doing great so far (thank you!), but we are battling it out with Mrs. Korte, LOL!
- Picture Retakes will be Wednesday, Nov. 29th.
- No school on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday next week.
- Friday, Dec. 22nd is our school sing-along. The organization Children with Hair Loss will be here again. Any adult or child with at least 8 inches of hair to donate is able to participate for this great cause. The hair will be donated and used to make wigs for sick children – free of charge to their families. We already have 1 student in our classroom who is donating 🙂 If you, your child, or a family member or friend, would like to participate, please let me know.
- Next Tuesday I am planning for our class to make cornbread muffins in the morning and then shake, shake, shake some whipping cream into butter to go along with them. Below is a list of items that we need to have our special Thanksgiving snack on Tuesday. If you can help by sending in an item below, please comment on this post so I can plan accordingly.The items we need are:
UPDATE: We have all the items needed 🙂 Thank you to all of our volunteers!
- 5 boxes of Jiffy Vegetarian Corn Muffin mix
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 pints of heavy whipping cream
The students will go to lunch like every other day. This is an afternoon snack!
- Thank you to everyone for making it to conferences! I enjoyed seeing everyone 🙂 Your students are so lucky to have you!
- These pictures are from our last few science investigations:
Congrats to our Students of the Month for October, Gus Gabrish and Nora Khuja. Being chosen as Students of the Month means they have shown great behavior choices and responsibility in the classroom throughout the month of October 🙂
I was so excited to read the story Turkey Trouble and send Turkey home with your child today! We brainstormed many ideas as a group for how to disguise him. I am posting a picture of some examples of turkeys done in the past.
Turkeys should be back to school in disguise by Monday, November 13th. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Tomorrow is the last day to turn in October reading calendars. These are counted as a grade.
November reading calendars came home yesterday.
- Social Studies test tomorrow.
- 1/2 day of school on Friday. Students are dismissed at 11:45
- Our goals: each student has set a school goal and a personal goal. They have been hanging in our classroom, but I wanted you to be able to monitor them along with me, so today we added them to the back of our planner. There is a spot under each goal where we have brainstormed ways to work on our goal…these are just examples – feel free to give them other ideas also. If your child works on either of their goals at home, there is a spot for you to date/initial. When they show it to me, they get a star to put on the banner at school.
- No school on Tuesday, November 7th.
- Please look for conference reminders in your child’s home folder on Friday.
We had a great afternoon! Thanks so much to all the parents who stopped by and hung out with us and especially to our homeroom parents who planned such a fun afternoon 🙂
Here are the group pictures we took today. More pictures will follow later in the week.
P.S. Tomorrow for lunch is halal hamburger (lunch menus will make it home tomorrow!)
- Our Halloween parade and party will be on Tuesday, October 31st. The parade will start around 1:30 and the party will follow directly after that. Please send costumes in their backpacks or in a bag. We will be changing into our costumes after we get back from lunch.
- If you have not done so already, please send in the party money for our homeroom moms. This is a one time donation – the money will be used to buy supplies, crafts, and/or snacks at each of our 4 main parties (Halloween, Holiday, Valentine’s Day, and Birthday Bash).
- Math homework is coming home today (Wed.).
- The study guide for social studies will come home tomorrow (Thurs.) and the test for ss will be next Thursday (Nov. 2nd)
- **For some reason iblog won’t let me upload any pictures. I will post pics from our field trip as soon as I can 🙂