The List: Watching Old Movies
Do you want to earn extra credit? You can earn up to 5 points of extra credit! For each movie you watch!
Watch any movie on The List (see link below). Write a paragraph about whether you liked it and why. Cite three specific reasons using the language of film critique we have discussed (see rubric below).
There are also ways to earn extra extra credit! Plus 1 extra point if it was made before 1990 and another extra if it was made before 1939! Plus another if it is in a foreign language! Foreign language movies are highlighted in
This list contains a wide variety of movies, some of which are not appropriate for younger viewers. Check with your parents before watching any movie rated R. Also, some movies are “Not Rated.” If they’re made before 1967, they’re appropriate. If they’re made after that, they’re probably not.
Finished paragraphs can be submitted to Mr Rauscher on paper or by (email@example.com). Make sure to put the name of the movie and “The List” in the title. You must submit by Sunday, January 5 at 11:59pm.
- You state clearly how you feel about the movie (2 points)
- Three specific reasons are given for your feelings. Each reason mentions a specific moment from the film and uses the language of critique we learned in class (3 points)
- The movie is in a foreign language (1 point)
- The movie was made before 1990 (1 point)
- The movie was made before 1939 (1 point)
Total Score: /5