Conferences are an important part of commication between parent and teacher. A few tips to help with your upcoming conference are:
1. Please be on time
2. Listen to the teacher with an open mind
3. Ask questions about concerns
4. Offer insiteful information about your child, such as the child has been sick recently, something is going on in the home, or other things that may help the teacher to understand your child.
5. Follow up later if needed
Pick up is at 11:45.
We will have our first Late Start on Wednesday, October 18. See you at 9:30,
I have a super easy and fun game you can play at home that will help with number recognition….Get a shower curtain from the dollar store. Make a grid on it with a permanent marker. Then fill in the spaces with numbers. Once the grid is ready, then you will say a number. The child will find the number on the grid. You will continue calling numbers. After you are done with the activity, you can use this grid again for adding or subtracting numbers.
Here you can see some of the second graders looking for the number that is called. They did a great job finding their number.
The NWEA testing sessions are beginning this week. Some tips that can help your student are:
- Getting to bed at a reasonable hour for the best rest you can get.
- Have a good breakfast – food in our bellies helps our brain work.
- In the evening practice reading and answering questions.
All of these easy tips can help your student.
Here is the link for the meeting information…doc02149920161202115518
School districts in Wayne County have placed a proposal on the November 8th ballot to provide added funding for our schools. It is the “Regional Enhancement Millage Proposal.”
If approved by the entire county, the 2 mil proposal will generate approximately $6.2 million from Dearborn but the District will receive $7.8 million in additional funding for our schools. Money would go to local schools starting this year and the millage expires after six years. Continue reading