Here are the two documents from the district about summer learning.
Please get everything you want graded done by Monday night. Send me an email when you finish any late work. I won’t accept any work after Monday night.
For the work that was due yesterday, 6/5, I will be putting it in sometime this weekend.
ALSO, MR. DENISON ASKED THAT PARENTS FILL OUT THIS SURVEY: https://forms.gle/DNx3eN8hcRpXsfSs5
Announcement: This is the last week for assignments! Yay! ALL LATE WORK IS DUE BY MONDAY, June 8 at 11:59:59:59 pm. AFTER THAT, I WILL BE DISABLING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT.
Hours 1,2: You are working on interpreting data this week. This is a skill that always shows up on different tests you take, NWEA, MSTEP, etc. No video for this week, should be pretty straightforward. 7th grade IXL BB 1 Interpret tables, BB 2 Interpret Line Plots, BB 7 Interpret Bar Graphs, BB8 Create Bar Graphs, BB9 Interpret Histograms, BB14 Interpret Line Graphs.
Hours 4,5,6: You are also working on interpreting data. No video, should be easy (maybe even fun?). 8th grade IXL: (Looks like a lot but they shouldn’t take too long) CC2 Interpret bar graphs, CC4 Interpret Line Graphs, CC5 Create Line Graphs, CC7 Create Line Plots, CC11 Interpret Histograms, CC12 Create Histograms, CC16 Make Predictions with Scatterplots (that one could be challenging!)
My Advisory Students: Look for an email from me today/tomorrow and read it carefully.
1st/2nd hours: This week we will be working in Geometry, finding the area of Circles.
- Watch this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fxp7Zftmm71MRqdcePosjlXSHxvyYXWW/view?usp=sharing
- Work on IXL 7th grade AA5
- Work on Khan, Radius and Diameter and Area of a Circle (They have been assigned on Khan)
Hours 4,5,6: This week you are working on finding the area and circumference of circles.
- Watch this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xLe9f6EW5DUU0zjfiULSS5f1mEgUVFo1/view?usp=sharing
- Work on IXL AA5 and the one called “New! Circumference of Circles” (It doesn’t have a number)
- Work on Khan Area of a Circle and Circumference of a Circle – this one is maybe hard! (use division)
Hours 1,2: This week you will be working with inequalities.
- Watch this video, take notes. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wZRpgMHZZoYE8siW-no9E7DjNcc1Lkz1/view?usp=sharing
- Work on IXL 7th grade T1, T3, T4.
- If you have time, try T6. It isn’t required.
Hours 4,5,6: This week you will be reviewing SLOPE.
- Watch this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14TnAHAhQXJeSVAdZ_UKCKNrCshtMiR9-/view?usp=sharing
- If you need more review of slope, watch Intro to Slope video on Khan. You can also practice on khan, watch his other slope videos if you need more help.
- Work on IXL, 8th grade, Y1, Y5, Y8.
Have a great week! Eid Mubarak! Happy Memorial Day!
Hours 1,2: You will be working on combining like terms and writing equivalent expressions this week.
Then complete IXL, 7th grade R 17 and R 18.
Hours 4,5,6: You will be working on solving two step inequalities.
(If you need more help, check out the Khan video called “Two Step Inequalities.” I haven’t assigned it, just search for it.
Next please work on IXL, 8th grade X6.
Then do Khan, Two Step Inequalities. I assigned it for you.
Have a good week everyone!!
Hours 1,2: This week you will be working on story problems that relate to one step and two step equations.
- Watch this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a1nAZkrSVntURJc-32oWjRiU_Q1bu4Va/view?usp=sharing
- Work on Khan Academy (6th grade): “Model with one-step equations and solve”
- Work on IXL 7th grade S7 “Solve equations: word problems“
Hours 4,5,6: This week you will be determining how many solutions there are to an equation with the variable on both sides.
- Watch this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EMDeNL132OOv_io-oBpi1DL9oes_U7LW/view?usp=sharing
- *WATCH THIS VIDEO: Khan Academy, Number of solutions to equations (it is in your recommendations) This explains everything in detail.
- Work on IXL 8th grade W15. Find the number of solutions
- Work on Khan: Number of solutions to equations (8th grade)
Please watch this video I just assigned on Khan: Intro to equations with variables on both sides
Also, here is one problem from this week’s IXL I typed out:
Solve for q. –4 − 5q = 10 − 3q
You need to isolate the q. First add 4 to both sides to get rid of that -4 on the left. Now you have -5q = 14 – 3q which is the same as -5q = 14 + (-3q) ->very helpful to see it that way. Next you want to get rid of the qs on the right side. To get rid of -3q you add 3q (to both sides) Now you have -2q = 14 Next divide both sides by -2.You have q = -7.
You can check that, plug in -7 for q. -4 – 5(-7) = 10 – 3(-7). -4+35 = 10 +21. 31=31. It works.
Going to try to fit everything in one post. Everything is due Friday, May 1 at 2 pm. Probably no meet up this week. There is another program I can use instead of google hangouts. Will let everyone know later if we are going to try them. If anyone needs anything, send me an email. firstname.lastname@example.org
1st/2nd hour: Solve Two Step Equations
- Watch this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t1babd86_a-W07XeRqcU0g5TjIF1US1R/view?usp=sharing
- Do these: https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-7/solve-two-step-equations 7th grade IXL S6.
- Watch the video titled Worked Example: two step equations that has been assigned to you on Khan.
- Do the assignment on Khan called Two Step Equations that has been assigned to you on Khan.
Hours 4,5,6: Solve Equations with variables on both sides of equation.
- Watch this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RtvmENTprEyWBEJH05mkwGmA_C4jKnN_/view?usp=sharing
- Do these: https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-8/solve-equations-with-variables-on-both-sides 8th grade IXL W 11.
- Watch the video titled Equations with Variables on both sides 20-7x=6x-6 that has been assigned to you on Khan.
- Do the assignment on Khan called Equations with Variables on both sides that has been assigned to you.