Due to icy conditions throughout the metro Detroit area, all Dearborn Public Schools will be closed today, Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
A few reminders:
1. Parent talk meets tomorrow at 8:30am, if you missed our last parent meeting this is your opportunity to make it up.
2. Thursday is a half day, we will dismiss at 11:05am. This is also Valentine’s day. We will not be having a party in our classroom, but if your child would like to send in Valentine’s cards they can. We have 16 children in our classroom. Please DO NOT send in candy or treats as we have food allergies in our classroom.
3. Next Thursday, February 21st is our mandatory classroom parent meeting. We will be meeting in our classroom from 8:45-10:00am. Please make arrangements for younger siblings.
Stay safe and we’ll see everyone in school tomorrow!
~Mrs. Stortini and Ms. Thabet
Kindergarten Round up is fast approaching! Here is the list of dates an times:
A few quick updates:
- I will be sending home snow gear this weekend, please wash and return to school with your child on Monday.
- I am missing a few daily 5 bags (blue or yellow) please look around your house to see if you have one and send it to school with your child on Monday.
- Valentine’s day is next Thursday , it is also a half day. We will not be having a party in our classroom, but if your child would like to bring in valentine’s cards we will pass them out at the end of the day. Please DO NOT send candy as we have food allergies in our classroom.
Mrs. Stortini and Ms. Thabet
Due to hazardous conditions caused by sleet and ice, all Dearborn Public Schools will be closed on Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
Stay safe and warm!
As long as we have school today our field trip is still on! Parents will drive children to the Henry Ford Centennial Library at 9:30am. Parents and children will stay together at the library from 9:30-11:30am.
Henry Ford Centennial Library
16301 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126
Don’t forget: GSRP does not have late start tomorrow. Cotter will be starting at our normal time of 8:05am.
Can’t wait to see all your smiling faces tomorrow morning!
Based on Public Law 306
(October 2016), third grade students who are more than a year below grade level on the state ELA assessment are under consideration for retention in third grade. Dearborn Public Schools staff in elementary schools have been systematically planning to ensure that teachers have the training to teach reading effectively and that students receive small group instruction based on their needs. The current year second graders are the first group to potentially be impacted by the legislation.
You are invited to join the district task force to strengthen the planning process and to ensure that the community is informed and engaged in the success of every student.
If you would like to participate, please click here to complete the survey
Welcome back, and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! We had so much fun playing outside in the snow this morning, the snowflakes were so big and fluffy! If you have not done so already please send your child’s snow gear back to school so they can use it during outside time.
Have a great afternoon!
Mrs. Stortini and Ms. Thabet