so much fun!!!!
How Cute!!! Lowrey Middle Schol was flooded with cuteness today! Check out some of our really creative students: Mini Mouse, Moana, Minions, SpongeBob Square Pants, Mickey Mouse-
As for my character- my character hasn’t been created yet- but I am 100% certain that once movie producers see me – they will DEFINITELY create “Patriotic Fairy”- coming soon 2019!!!
Our future lawyers, Teachers, Football players, FBI agents, nurses, doctors, soccer players, fashion designers, engineers—and me??? My Career Goal is to retire and buy my own private island or move to an island- LOL!!!
Monday: Sports Day ( Favorite team or athlete)- yes, you may wear hats!!!
Tuesday: Dress like a professional ( dress in what you want to be when you grow up)
Wednesday: Dress like a character out of a book, movie, t.v. show
Thursday: Crazy/ Mismatch day
Friday: Lowrey Spirit Day ( Lowrey colors or shirts) be creative!!
Create an Anti-Bullying Poster-
change of the plans- poster will be due on the 30th- enjoy the beautiful weather!!!
Create a poster to put up on the wall at our school here at Lowrey Middle School!!! The best posters will get posted outside of our classroom/ hallway next year.
Choose a theme that is anti-bully in nature or that promotes positive relationships. Some possible ideas you can expand on:
- Our classroom ( or school) is a place where…
- Bully Free Zone
- Promote Unity
- Friend vs Bully acrostic
- Kindness counts
- Be a good person…
- A friend is…
Come up with a slogan and then come up with a picture to go with it.
What type of bullying are you talking about? (Physical, cyber, social/ verbal, emotional)
Color the entire poster this must look good enough to put in the hallways so take your time!
Description Points Actual Points
|The slogan is positive and makes sense||5|
Included type of bullying
|Content- shown in a list, graphic, organizer, flow chart, or outline- includes 3 or more facts and 3 or more preventative actions||20|
|Drawing relates to slogan and is creative||5|
|Overall creativity and spent quality time on project- lettering is straight, uniform in size, good spacing between words||5|
|Conventions- spelling, grammar, size of lettering||5|
- Adverbs Test
- Greek & Latin Kahoot game
- Turn in journal square #1-#3
- Collect Fab. Vocab.
- Collect Notes Tab
- Create Cover pages for both
- Collect Grammar Tab ???
- Word Nerd test!!!- 104 points
- Read bullying article
- preview rubric for bullying project
- S.I.F.T. bullying poem
- Create bullying poster
- Bullying poster is due on Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Reminder- Greek & Latin test is on Wednesday!!! This test will count as 104 points!! Please play the review game on quizlet and continue studying the terms in your Word Nerd folder ( test- 5-24-18)
Adverbs test will most likely be on MONDAY- review the notes in your binder, play the grammar games on my blog and try to master one more IXL ( test- 5-23-18)
Journal Square #3- skip lines, 3 pages long, copy the prompt below into your journal:
- By the time you reach the end of the school year, you have already experienced some of life’s ups and downs. You’ve seized some great opportunities and turned your back on others. Though you’ve made good choices, you have also made poor ones. You’ve both rejected and heeded good advice. Looking back, surely there are things you wish you had done differently. Write a journal entry (3 pages) sharing your most important memories or experiences in 6th grade. What are you most proud of? What are you ashamed of? What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year? Be honest!!!
Journal entry #3 will be due on May 20, 2018