Been getting some emails about grades in Student Connect. I can’t speak for ALL teachers – but below is some information that may help you make sense of what’s going on with your grades for Language Arts 4.
As of right now, the letter grade you see in Student Connect reflects mastery of the essential standards as of Thursday, March 12th.
Starting April 20th, you WILL be responsible for TWO TASKS PER week: Engagement (Did you check in?) and Participation (Did you complete the work to the best of your ability?).
PER Principal MARTIN (as outlined in the DISTRICT CONTINUED LEARNING PLAN):
For each class, if a student participates in the learning, he/she will receive credit. The following will apply:
A: Students who do the following will earn the grade of A recorded:
- Engage in at least 75% of the remote lessons and check-ins.
- Submit and earn a passing grade on at least 75% of the assignments.
G: Students who do the following will earn the grade of G which awards credit:
- Engage in 60-74% of the remote lessons and check-ins.
- Submit and earn a passing grade on at least 60-74% of the assignments.
N: Students who do the following will earn the grade of N which is no credit given:
- Engage in less than 60% of the remote lessons and check-ins.
- Submit and earn a passing grade on less than 60% of the assignments.
WHAT THAT MEANS: If I were you, I would stop checking Student Connect- what you see there is meaningless right now. The 4 in the grade-book just indicates you “completed” the TASK. That’s how Principal Martin wanted us to note you checked in (engagement) and “did” the assignment (participation). It does NOT denote your mastery of that standard or how you did on the assignment!
***** TL;DR: Your grade in Student Connect won’t change until the end of the semester. Do your work if you want credit. *****