What a great way to connect with others during social distancing!
What you may need:
- Pencil, crayon, or marker
- Sidewalk chalk
What to do:
- Send your child little notes (by putting them in a pocket or in a special place they can find it. When your child shows you the note, read it aloud with expression. Some children will read the notes on their own.
- Your child can write a note or draw a picture for a neighbor and just leave it on the porch!
- Use sidewalk chalk to write messages to friends or family in front of their house while keeping your distance.
- Have your child write a letter. Have your child dictate the words to you if your child doesn’t write yet.
- For example:
- Dear Grandma,
I like it when you make ice cream. It’s better than the kind we buy at the store.
- Your grandson,
- Ask the people who receive these notes to respond. Calling on the phone is fine – a written response is even better.