Due to the forecast for Monday we will now have Field Day on Wednesday June 12th. Rain or Shine we will still have field day…
We will still have the bounce house and blow up obstacle courses
We will still need all the volunteers that have signed up to help come on Wednesday..
Please share this information!!!
We had a great time at our Clean Up Parade! Happy Earth Day!!!
PTA present their annual Spring Celebration
Friday April 12th – 4:30 – 6:00
Special guest DJ
Cost is $6.00 per person includes, Pizza, Juice and Chips
Celebration will begin at 4:30 p.m.sharp, no food will be served after 5:00
Extras will be sold at the celebration: Cotton Candy, Bake Sale, Popcorn
Watch for a blue flyer going home today. Tickets are on sale now.This event is for River Oaks School students only, sorry no other siblings or relatives may attend.
We are at it again! Learning our words and playing Lotto (which is our version of Bingo).
River Oaks had a great movie night watching “The Cat in the Hat”! Thank you PTA!
Don’t forget! There is a half day Friday, November 1, 2018. Dismissal is 11:45
Check out 2 of our student working on picture sorts! They are clapping and counting the syllables! Does my word have 1, 2 or 3 syllables?
The Kindergarteners are so excited to be reading! You should have noticed their book bags coming home in their backpacks.
Here are a few reminders about the book bags…
- No food, drinks or smoking around the books and bags. These are shared books and many students need to use them so they need to always be in “like-new” condition.
- Books and bags must be brought to school EVERY DAY! No book bag = No new books sent home
- Damaged or lost books and bags must be replaced. Books cost an average of $5 each and bags are $7-10 each. Please keep these in a safe place at all times.
- Word and letter cards inside the bags should also be practiced every evening at home
- Have fun letting your child show you what they’ve learning in class!
Please contact me if you have any questions!