Parent Information for NWEA Assessments
- It is very important that the results from the NWEA assessment are valid or real from the actual student taking the assessment. The student who is logged in should be the only one taking the assessment and answering the questions. A very helpful suggestion is to have a parent or older brother or sister help with getting the test started. They can help with finding the NWEA website and logging them into the program. Once the student has started the assessment, they should be the only one deciding on which answer they are going to choose.
- The results are used to see where the student is at with specific subjects areas or skills at this point in the school year. It will help the teacher and the staff understand if they need help in a certain area, that they are where they are supposed to be at this time, or if they are excelling in a certain area.
- We can then use the results or data to help us understand what extra support a student may need before the end of the school year or before the next NWEA spring assessment. The scores of the assessments are compared with each other from the Fall to Winter. This shows the growth the student is making and the areas we need to focus on. These goals areas are also focused on during small group meetings and learning labs.
- We would like for students to find a quiet place in the house to take the assessment. This will help them to focus when they are reading and answering the questions.
- It is also very important that the student’s camera is always on during the assessment. This will give the teacher a chance to see what the student is doing and if they are in need of any assistance or help.
- If your child needs to ask the teacher a question during the assessment we would like for them to put it in the chat, instead of calling it out to the teacher. This will help with not interrupting the other students that may be online taking the assessment at the same time.
Hello Families and Happy New Year!
I hope you had a nice and relaxing break. I sure enjoyed my time off with my family. On Monday, we will be back to school and following our same learning lab schedule in the afternoon. I am looking forward to seeing you.
Mohammed Hala A.
Mohammed Hala A
I want to wish each of you Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year-2021! Thank you all for your tremendous support this year-it has been a year like no other. I am looking forward to a safe, healthy and productive new year. Your children are a joy and I am honored to have them as a student.
Always, Mrs. Nardone
There will be a resource pass out day on Tuesday, Dec. 15 from 12:30-3:30 at the basketball court area of the playground (same area as before). I have a small treat for the students and some more reading books to use in our reading group Learning Labs. The students should also bring back their reading books that we have already read together in our reading groups. Please keep any books at home that we have NOT read together. Feel free to ask any questions about the books.
IF you cannot make this date/time, PLEASE pick up your materials from the front office before our Holiday break from 9:00am – 3:00pm ONLY.
Due to the passing out of materials on Tuesday, there will be no Groups/Learning Labs that day for Mrs. Kowalski or myself.
Thank you, Mrs. Nardone
Hello Haigh Families,
I hope you are doing well and staying healthy and safe. I am looking forward to the time we can actually meet in person again. I also wanted to remind you that there is a 1/2 day of school on Friday, October 30, 2020 so there will be no learning labs in the afternoon. Also, there is no school on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 because it is Election Day and professional development for teachers.
I want to wish you a safe and happy Halloween. -Mrs. Nardone
I just wanted to inform you that the District has made a change in our schedule. We will have a HALF day on Friday, October 30, 2020 INSTEAD of the original date of November 6, 2020. October 30 is a DUTY day for teachers, but students will have the afternoon off. Sorry for any inconvenience and again THANKS for your continued support and understanding .