Happy December to everyone:) It’s going to be a great month!
Holiday Party: Please visit this link if you would like to donate to our classroom holiday party. Thank you to the parents who have already donated:) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050a45a8af2ea5f85-winter
SeeSaw: We were not able to log in this week due to technical difficulties. I am hoping this gets resolved by next week. If it’s not fixed, we will not be able to do SeeSaw next week as well. Let’s hope for the best because we love Seesaw!
What we did during our week:
Language Arts: This week we learned how to write, recognize and know the sounds of letters L & O! Next week, will learn the last letters of the alphabet M & N! Please make sure to work on identifying letters/sounds if your child needs extra practice. Thank you!
Writing: This week we learned how to write letters L & O inside the lines:). Please make sure your child is practicing at home how to write inside the lines; especially on their homework! Next week we will work on the last letters of the alphabet M & N!
Math: This week we focused on Module 3: Lessons 1-7. Next week we will complete lessons 8-14. You will notice that you will have to double up on some lessons or you can do the extra lessons on the weekend. It’s up to you:) Please make sure you are following along in the Eureka math homework book and completing the lessons at home with your child:)
Science: For December, we will focus on weather elements.
Social Studies: For December, will will focus on economic goods and services.
GREAT NEWS! We have a book club online at scholastic.com! Each month there are awesome deals with latest and the most reasonably priced books online! All you do is order at the link below, use the code and your books will be sent home to you within 5 days:) It’s a great way to build your child’s library at home and books also make great gifts as well:) All the information is below! Happy reading!
Scholastic Reading Club: Class Code – RKYTJ Order Due Date – 12/13/19
This is a friendly reminder that your Book Clubs orders are due by 12/13/19. You can place your orders online at scholastic.com/bookclubs using my class activation code: RKYTJ Happy Reading, Mrs. Fillmore
- A homework sheet will come home on Monday! The sheet is due back to school every Friday! If there is no school on Friday, the homework will be due on Thursday. Remember, reading with your child 15 minutes a night is also a part of our homework! Make sure to fill out the monthly reading log each night!
- Make sure to go on the learning websites that Haigh has purchased for all of our students! These websites are great extension activities in Math and Reading that are full of fun and learning! Make sure to visit: Raz-Kids, Reading Eggs, Math Seeds and Zearn during the week and weekends!
- Please consider buying something from our Scholastic Book Club at: https://clubs.scholastic.com/ Activation code: RKYTJ. The December date to order books will be by the 13th. You will have the chance to buy something from our book order each month:)
- Please provide a healthy snack for your child each day! No chips, candy, cookies/cupcakes or juice are allowed for snack. Thank you for your cooperation in promoting a healthy lifestyle for your child:).
- Make sure you provide your child with a NUT FREE snack. We are a NUT FREE classroom. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Please make sure to go through your child’s folder each night, look at your child’s work (see how they did), look at behavior, read any notes and sign in each day.
- Every Monday is library check out! Please make sure your child is returning his/her book so they can check out a new book for the week. If you misplace this book or lose it, there will be a cost for the missing book!
- Every Friday will be Kindergarten/Haigh t-shirt day! We love being in the same shirts and showing our Kinder pride at Haigh! If your child forgets to wear their shirt, it’s ok, they can wear a Haigh shirt instead (if they have one). The Haigh Owl Pride committee is going around to each classroom each Friday to tally up how many kids are in spirit wear! The class with the most participants for the month wins a trophy to keep in their room!! Let’s show Haigh that Room 42 has the most spirit! 🙂
- Spare change challenge- The PTA has come up with a fun way to collect loose change at school! The intent for the challenge is to raise money to go back to each grade level. In order to include the specials teachers, we will take a small amount from each grade level and divide that between the specials teachers. The money raised may be used for whatever the teachers feel they need for their classrooms.
The contest will continue until the bottles are filled, but the first grade level to fill all of their bottles wins an Ice Cream Social.
December 16th- Items due for our classroom party! Thank you for your donation<3.
December 18th- Late start! Students arrive an hour later @ 9:35a.m.
December 18th- Items due for our Polar Express party! Thank you for your donation<3
December19th- PJ Day/ Polar Express Day & special gift from Mrs. Fillmore and Mrs. Bolger! More information to come:)
January 6th- School Resumes. Welcome Back:)
January 6th- December reading logs due! January logs will be sent home!
January 6th- Spelling words start! List 1: the, I, a, cat, bat, rat, mat, sat, fat
January 10th– First spelling test!
January 21 st- NEW Succeed Homework book sent home! Modules 4-6.
January 22nd– Start Module 4 in Eureka Math!
January 23rd– Timeline project due!
Reading buddies: We were not able to meet this week due to the 4th graders being on a field trip. We will catch up with them next week:)
Pictures- We launched our December math review rotations in the classroom. We love math time!