A word from Dr. Jill Chochol, Executive Director of Student Achievement
With today’s busy schedules and extra-curricular activities, assigning homework on a nightly basis can be stressful for families. Although I don’t claim to have the perfect answer, I do have a solution to those families looking for opportunities to have their children practice concepts outside the classroom.
Currently, your child has an up to date skill level selected on Khan Academy Math Mappers as well as the reading program MyOn (Non-fiction should be the text type focused on). For twenty minutes recorded on either website, I will give three extra credit points to the current day’s math assignment or reading assignment. Please note, extra credit will only be added to fully completed current classroom assignments.
As always, twenty minutes of reading is expected for each student every night and should be recorded in your “at home reading journal.” (Black composition book) However, any math, spelling or content area work not completed in class, will need to be completed at home for the next day’s class. Please note, these assignments are always given an appropriate amount of time to complete in class and are never planned on being completed at home on my part; i.e. spelling definitions, weekly cursive…
Click for November’s Newsletter Headlines: Newsletter
To raise your grade for any test taken in the trimester you need to do the following on a blank sheet of paper:
- Explain what you did wrong to give you the wrong answer. Ex: I multiplied when I should have divided.
- Rewrite the question and show your work with the correct answer.
- Turn in the test and the test autopsy stapled to the front with your name on it to the clear basket in the front of the room.
- You may resubmit your test autopsy as many times as you need to raise your grade to a two (2); 94%.
- Mr. May will not go over the test with you, you need to look at your notes or previous assignments find out your mistake. It is up to you to make the corrections.
- If you are struggling Mr. May will be available from 8:00 to 8:30 am Monday thru Friday mornings for help with math concepts.
Hope to see all of you tomorrow at Open House; 6:00-7:30
It is with a very heavy heart that I pass along to you the passing of fellow 5th gr Julianos mom, Mrs. Belli.
Please keep Juliano and his dad in your thoughts and prayers as they grieve their loss.
If you would like additional information regarding arrangements please notify me via here
Are your kids bored and bickering? Don’t despair! Your family will love our winter wonderland of cures for cabin fever. Find indoor and outdoor winter break fun activities to keep your kids happy and busy all winter long.
- Top 10 Outdoor Winter Activities
- Winter Craft Activities for Kids
- Best Indoor Activities for Winter Break
- 9 Snow-Themed Crafts and Activities
- Top 10 Wintertime Neighborhood Games
- Winter Activities for Kids
- 14 Fun Activities for Winter Break
- Top Family Outings for Winter Break
- Learning About Snow
- 7 Winter Outdoor Learning Activities
- Ice Candles
- Snow Sculptures
- 10 Tasty Winter Produce Recipes
- Teens on Winter Break
- Caribbean Travel Destinations
- Working Parents and the Holidays
- Teens and Holidays
Read more on FamilyEducation: http://fun.familyeducation.com/seasons/crafts/32841.html#ixzz2sYdmB4Aa