This is a note taking strategy that you can use for any topic. Simply set up your page like the example on the right. To do so:
- Write the title of the chapter/topic on the top left of the page.
- Write the date on the top right of the page.
- Write the overarching, large-scale questions below that.
- Then, draw a line down the page. This line should divide your page in a way that the left side is smaller than the right.
- On the left, you will write your questions or main ideas
- On the right, you will answer those questions or write the details that support main ideas
- At the end of your notes, be sure to draw a horizontal line, this will be a space for you to summarize the whole chapter or topic.