PEEK AT THE WEEK
- Our core vocab word of the week was “you”
- We practiced using the word “you” in many ways
- Our letter of the week was “Y”
- We practiced the letter “Y” by reading an interactive book and searching through our rice bin for objects that start with the letter “Y,” we did an yo-yo bingo sheet, and sang letter “Y” songs
- We read many books including “Goodnight Gorilla” and “Dear Zoo”
- This week we learned about zoo animals to prepare for our field trip!
- The students matched baby animals to their mother’s after reading books about baby animals
- We play on the playground!
- The students practiced counting, number recognition and subtraction with a bowling game
- We practiced our scissor skills with a paper plate lion craft
- The students made mother’s day crafts….Happy Mother’s day to all our moms!!
- We continued counting down the days to the end of the year! We blew bubbles, ate cookies, dressed our best, had extra recess, and wore red, white, and blue!
- Zoo Field Trip – May 13th
- Late Start – May 15th
- City Beautiful Parade – May 16th
- No School – May 24th -27th
- Special Ed Field Day Field Trip – May 28th (permission slips will be sent home soon!)
PICTURES OF THE WEEK