This week we are wrapping up the novel Where the Red Fern Grows. Students should continue working on their summaries, responses, and questions.
Use the link to access the book online
FINAL EXAM FOR ELA will be TUESDAY JUNE 12. STUDY GUIDE IS DUE ON MONDAY JUNE 11!!
STUDY, STUDY, STUDY~~
This week students continued reading the novel Where the Red Fern Grows. We took a test on chapters 1-7. Students should continue working on their summaries, responses and questions for each chapter.
Enjoy your long Memorial Day Weekend (4 days!!!)
This week we are starting the novel-Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. Students will be reading the novel in class and will be responsible for several assignments. For every chapter students will write a summary, response and draw a picture. They will have to answer comprehension questions as well as take part in mini-projects and tests.
The link below is the novel online that can be accessed any time.
Where the Red Fern Grows Online Book
This week we wrapped up our unit on Greek Mythology. For the remainder of the week we will be doing some M-STEP practice. Students will be M-STEP testing on Tuesday May 1 and Wednesday May 2. Please encourage your child to put in their best effort.
Students can practice at home using the following link:
Hello and Welcome Back! I hope everyone enjoyed their Spring Break!
Monday began the 4th and final card marking period. This week we began our unit on Greek Mythology. Students are researching a god or goddess and will be presenting them to the class. We will begin reading stories about the ancient Greek gods and understanding their cultures. Project is due Friday April 13.
ISN pg 61..Oh my Gods Notes!
Click on the link to go to the MSTEP practice
Computer-Based Practice Test Unit 1
Parents please read the following letter!
* Describe the Village Blacksmith. What adjectives would you use to describe him?
* What does the simile “swing his heavy sledge like a sexton ringing the village bell” mean?
They are comparing how the blacksmith pounds his sledge to a sexton hitting a bell.
* What type of figurative language is used the most in “The Village Blacksmith”? Write an example of it?
Alliteration—-parson pray and preach
* What does the line “Toiling—rejoicing—sorrowing” represent?
Emotions ( how a person feels) and repetition “ing”
* Explain lines 41-42 in “The Village Blacksmith”.
He always finishes what he starts and that’s how he earns a good nights sleep/rest!
* What is the theme of “The Village Blacksmith”?
No matter what life throws at you, you need to keep going!
* Why does Sarah Cynthia finally take the garbage out?
Because her friends would not come to play
* How does Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout”end?
Something bad happens to Sarah
* What is the theme of “Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout”?
Small decisions can lead to large consequences
* What is the tone of the poem Sara Cynthia Sylvia Stout?
* What are the hyperboles used in Sara Cynthia Sylvia Stout? Write them down.
The garbage reached so high that finally it touched the sky.
The garbage reached across the state from New York to the golden gate
* Identify the images that appeal to your senses from both poems-(Sense of sight, Sense of hearing, Sense of taste)
Blacksmith- sense of hearing
Sara- sense of smell