REMOTE ASSIGNMENT #1A: EXPLORING A SUBJECT (X100) (DUE)
(HAND IN VIA GOOGLE DRIVE)
Creativity and skill sharpening exercise: choose a simple object and take at least a hundred shots of it, then upload the pictures to your Google Drive and “Share” them with me.
Each picture of this simple object must be from a different perspective
Explore the effects of light and shadow.
Experiment with focus, points of view, or an unsteady camera.
Try different types of light (on camera flash / sunlight / dish light / flashlight / soft light / harsh light / reflected / bounced light etc.)
Try different types of backgrounds or environments
Follow the “Rule of Thirds”
HOW TO HAND THIS ASSIGNMENT IN…
- CREATE A FOLDER IN YOUR GOOGLE DRIVE
- LABEL IT WITH YOUR NAME, HOUR, AND THE ASSIGNMENT NAME (100)
- SHARE IT WITH ME (patricb@dearbornschools) (Do not email it to me!)
GOOD EXAMPLE (Why is it a good example???) (ABOVE)
- The surface that it has been placed on works well with the object rather than competing with it
- There is nothing in the background that distracts your focus from the object
- The light falls softly across the object, drawing the viewers eye towards the object
- The object is in focus
- The object has been placed in a lower corner ( See Rule of Thirds)
BAD EXAMPLE (Why is it a bad example???) (ABOVE)
- Picture needs to be cropped to get rid of the mouse pad and the lamp that have nothing to do with the object you are taking a picture of
- Other objects distract the viewer from focusing on the featured object
- Camera is placed too far away, making the other items just as important looking as the featured object
(CLICK ON THE PAGES BELOW TO ACCESS THE REST OF THE REMOTE ASSIGNMENTS…)