Reading: p. 15 and answer questions 1, 2, and 3. For number 3 use the RACES strategy and write it on p.17.
Spelling: Write one sentence for each word.
Half Day Tomorrow! Dismissal at 11:45 am
We will have a small Valentine’s Celebration. Students may bring in cards or candy to pass out to their friends. We have 20 students.
Reading: This week we will be focusing on asking and answering questions in an informational text.
- RI 3.1: Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
Writing: We will continue working on opinion writing. Students will begin drafting their opinion writing.
- 3.W.1 Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
Math: We will be using number bonds to decompose units of 6 and 7.
- 3.OA.6 Understand division as an unknown-factor problem.
Science: This week we will be taking our Investigation 3 test. Students will have a study guide with them today and test will be on Wednesday. Here is the answer key to Investigation 3 Study Guide.
Social Studies: We will be learning how states specialize and depend on each other for goods and services.
- 3 – E2.0.1:Using a Michigan example, describe how specialization leads to increased interdependence (cherries grown in Michigan are sold in Florida; oranges grown in Florida are sold in Michigan).
- 3 – E3.0.1:Identify products produced in other countries and consumed by people in Michigan.
We will be having a Valentine’s Day Party on Thursday, February 14th. Students may bring in cards and/or candy to pass out to their friends. We have 20 students in our class.
Thursday is a half day. Dismissal is at 11:45am.
No School Friday, February 15 and Monday, February 18.
Last year, we participated in Jump Rope For Heart and this year we’re kicking off Kids Heart Challenge! We’re excited to continue JUMPING ROPE to help those with special hearts!
Our school is proud to partner with the American Heart Association again this year!
Click link below to donate:
CLASSROOM THAT RAISES THE MOST MONEY WILL EARN EXTRA GYM TIME!