First off, I would like to thank my returning students and welcome my parents / students visiting for the first time. As I am sure many of you have heard by way of e-mail, press release, or through the district’s website that the LEARNING CONTINUES for DPS!!!
This is Week One of the Continuity of Learning Plan. This plan was approved by Wayne County RESA for Superintendent Maleyko and Dearborn Public Schools to move forward. See attached link for details:
As the title of this blog conveys, the district is committed to continued learning for students. So without further delay, let’s get to it. The requirements for my class are simple. I need students to check in with me TWICE a week. This will be accomplished by students watching my pre-recorded lessons/lectures, completing the two assignments associated with the lessons, and submitting them. IT’S THAT SIMPLE!!!
Just in case there are still some unanswered questions, let me explain a little further. I will create TWO pre-recorded lessons on a WEEKLY basis – assigned Tuesdays and Thursdays. As we are currently in Chapter Seven, that is where the lessons will stem from. I will upload the recordings to the STREAM Tab in GC. Students are expected to watch the recordings, pay attention, and complete the separate assignments associated with each lesson. The assignments will be under the CLASSWORK Tab in GC just as before and you will submit your completed assignments just as before.
The first weekly assignment will be made available on Tuesdays at 0700hrs with a due date the following Thursday (TWO days later) at 1700hrs. The second weekly assignment will be made available on Thursdays at 0700 with a due the same day at 1700hrs. Therefore, both assignments are due Thursday of every week at 1700hrs. Fridays will be reserved for grading, so assignments need to be promptly turned in. See the below WEEKLY schedule for more details:
- Monday – Blog updated with this week’s lessons: Chapter Seven: LOs #5 & #6
- Tuesday – Lecture and assignment for LO #5 made available in GC at 0700hrs, due Thursday at 1700hrs
- Wednesday – Weekly Office Hours are 8:30am-1:30pm for parents and students through my district e-mail: email@example.com
- Thursday – Lecture and assignment for LO #6 made available in GC at 0700hrs, due at 1700hrs
- Friday – Assignments graded and entered into MISTAR, students failing to participate and complete assignments will be contacted, if no contact or progress is made, notification will be made to Dr. Green (Principal) and Mr. Baydoun (Assistant Principal)
Below I have provided direct links to Superintendent Maleyko’s blog, MBCC’s website, and all three high schools. If you are looking for additional information on Chromebooks, internet services, food services, homework packets etc, these sites will guide you.