Attached are the notes for conflict in your ISN page 5… there will be an ISN check on Thursday!!
Have a great 4-day weekend!!
Your heart maps are due on Tuesday. Remember, your name and name meaning are in the center of your heart. Attached is my heart map.
Below are the summer learning directions due September 20, 2019
Summer Learning: 6th → 7th Grade and 7th → 8th
Directions: Read 3-5 of the books on the 7th grade reading list. This list will be posted in the libraries. Write a minimum ½ page plot summary for each book. If you read and summarize more than 3 books, you will receive extra credit for the additional 2 books read.
Book Talk Directions:
Choose one of your favorite books read over the summer.
- Tell us the title and author of the book.
- Show us the cover (if you do not have the book, ask teacher to project on board).
- Tell us what the book is about.
- Read a favorite passage and explain why it is memorable. Prepare ahead of time by using a sticky note to find your passage during your talk. If you don’t have the book with you, prepare ahead of time by typing or writing out your favorite part, noting the page number.
- Evaluate what is good/bad about the book using some specific details about plot, description, suspense, character, theme, language, etc.
- Make an audience recommendation. How would your “rate” this book and who would most likely read the book?
- Show a visual aid and explain.
- Create one visual representation from one of the books read this summer – a collage of images from the book (characters, setting, theme, symbolism used in the story, etc.) Do not use a single picture (such as the cover) downloaded from the internet.
- Place visual representation on an 8 ½ x 11 sheet using the whole sheet mounted on colored construction paper.
- Place the title of book, author, your name and class hour on the bottom right.
Welcome to 7th grade ELA — Attached you will find the syllabus and the materials needed for the class – Due Tuesday, September 7, 2019
1 composition notebook
1 regular sized notebook
1 large notebook 11 x 9