Hope you had a restful break!!
WIDA testing is this week. Please make sure your child is sleeping early and eating a healthy breakfast.
Reading – RL.5.4URL Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative language such as metaphors and similes.
Reading – RL.5.5URL
Reading – RL.5.6URL
Spelling: tangible, gullible, permissible, comprehensible, credible, sensible, visible, flexible, incredible, irresponsible,
cycle, surface, riverbed, subterranean, evaporate
W.5.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
a Introduce a topic clearly, provide a general observation and focus, and group related information logically; including formatting.
- Develop the topic with facts, definitions, concrete details, quotations, and information and examples related to the topic.
- Link ideas within and across categories of information using words, phrases, and clauses (e.g. in contrast, especially).
- Use precise language and domain-specific vocabulary to inform about or explain the topic.
- Provide a concluding statement or section related to the information or explanation presented.
Lesson 11 Google Slides
Lesson 12 Google Slides
Topic C Quiz (lessons 10,11, 12)
Lesson 13 Google Slides
Lesson 14 Google Slides
Lesson 5 The Development of the New England ColoniesURL
Lesson 5 Supplemental MaterialsURL
Lesson 6 Settlements in the Middle: New Amsterdam and Quaker SettlementsURL
Lesson 6 Supplemental MaterialsURL
Lesson 7 The Development of the Middle ColoniesURL
Lesson 7 Supplemental MaterialsURL
Lesson 8 Comparing Regional Settlement PatternsURL
Lesson 8 Supplemental MaterialsURL
Water All Around:
- What does the sun have to do with the water cycle?
- How does water travel underground?
- Vocabulary: cycle, surface, riverbed, subterranean, evaporate
The Water Cycle
- What is evaporation? Give an example of evaporation.
Getting Water from the ground to the Glass
- How do people use wells?
- How is an artesian well like a tooth paste?
- Students can find pictures of an acquifer or artesian well;
Water Cycle Activity p. 72