Click on this post for the link to be clickable
Open this post to see full details. Please watch this youtube video of the story “First Day Jitters” and then complete the google form questions below. Make sure you are logged into your school email before you do the questions.
Please click on the link below and it will take you to a google form that you must fill out.
I cannot wait to learn more about my third graders 🙂
Please pick up all supplies from your child’s school. They are passing out all needed materials this week. Call ahead to double check.
Students will need:
whiteboards and whiteboard markers
ELA Benchmark books
Click on the link above and download.
Choose any 4 boxes for September. Please use complete sentences in a writing notebook.
Have fun! We will share at least 1-2 on zoom next week!
Welcome back to school!
My name is Ms. Alhaschemy and I am very excited to be your child’s 3rd grade teacher! I am from Becker Elementary school and would have loved to have your child in my classroom this year! I have a background in psychology with a Bachelor’s from the University of Michigan Dearborn and have completed my Master’s from Oakland University in elementary education. It is very important for me as a teacher to build a relationship with your child to where they are comfortable and feel safe in my classroom. I assure you that your child is in great hands! I will do my best in helping your child thrive in my classroom, both academically and as a person to be the best version of themselves!
Third grade curriculum
In math, we will be building on the child’s knowledge of multiplication, division, subtraction, addition, fractions and shapes to name a few.
In social studies, we will be covering the history and geography of Michigan as well as civics and government!
In science, we will be covering forces and interactions, animals and relationships in ecosystems, weather, and life cycles.
In language arts, students will build on their fluency, comprehension, and accuracy as well as become familiar with different writing styles.
Strong parental support is important for the success of every child, especially this year with all online learning. It would be of great help if you are involved and supportive of your child’s classroom environment, rules, expectations and school work. Please make sure your child has a quite space to use when we are on zoom calls and when they are completing school and classwork.
- Please stay up to date on class dojo as that is where I will send updates and reminders. Class dojo is a website where parents can receive updates and pictures about student classwork and behavior. Parents may not message me on Class Dojo as the principal does not allow it. All communication needs to go through email. If you have questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com. I will do my best to get back to you within 24 hours. Also, homework and additional reminders will be posted daily on my blog so please go ahead and subscribe so that you are notified. https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/alhaschemy/
- This year, students will be using Schoology for all classwork and zoom will be used for all video conferencing.
- Please make sure your child has a good night’s rest as well as breakfast and comes online on time and ready to learn at 8:55 a.m. every day.
- Please read with your child daily as it helps them become a better reader. You can also have them read to you.
- I will do my best to handle all conflicts in class. You will be notified about any serious conflicts that involve your child. If I have to address a certain issue multiple times and I am not seeing a difference, I will be making a phone call home and we can work out a plan together where we can help your child overcome an issue. Your support is strongly suggested for the success of your child.
For the upcoming week of August 31 – September 4
- Monday August 31 – parents will receive phone calls or emails to choose a time to meet me through zoom. We will set up your class dojo account during the meeting.
- Parent/students meetings will be held Tuesday (Sept. 1), Wednesday( Sept. 2) and Thursday (Sept. 3) morning from 8:55am -11:55am.
- Friday (September 4) and Monday (September 7) – there will be no school due to Labor Day.
- School will resume on Tuesday (September 8).
Thank you for your patience during this trying time, this is new for all of us and we are in this together! I am very excited to meet everyone!
Dear Elementary Parents/Guardians,
Welcome to another exciting school year and to the Dearborn Virtual Learning Program. Each new school year is a chance to begin again, set new goals and strive to be the best each one of us can be. As we embark upon a new school year in a totally different way, we are looking forward to working in partnership with you to help your child(ren) be successful. This is truly a joint venture we are eager to begin.
Earlier this month, you made the decision to enroll your child(ren) in the Virtual Learning Program. Your child will be taught by a Dearborn Public School staff member in a completely virtual environment while continuing to be connected to his/her home school for access to supplies and extra-curricular activities. Please check your child’s home school blog to determine when to pick up supplies, textbooks and technology. Your child’s teacher(s) will email you soon with a welcome letter and instructions to log on and begin learning. We will continue to work with each student and family to accelerate any struggling student. It is important to the Dearborn Public School staff that each child show academic growth and experience success.
Virtual learning is personalized but requires self motivation and support from both home and school. Success in school is always dependent upon the school, parents and students working together. With a 100% virtual learning environment, parents/guardians will need to support their child(ren) by:
- Reading and responding to communications from the teacher
- Serving in the role of learning coach for their child.
- Ensure your child stays on pace, attends live lessons and submits assignments.
- Support your child in asking for help from his/her teacher.
- Check weekly progress on parent connect.
- Support your child in accessing lessons and assignments in Schoology.
- Review your child’s work and be aware of his/her academic progress.
Together, we can help each child achieve success. We look forward to meeting you at the Virtual Open House on September 10th from 6-7:30pm. The link for this event will be sent out by your child’s teacher. Please check the Virtual Learning Program website for more information: https://vlp.dearbornschools.org/
If you have any questions, please call (313) 827-3024 or (313) 495-3787.
Jill Chochol, Ph. D.
Shannon Peterson, Ed. S.
Executive Directors of Student Achievement
٢٤ آب /أغسطس ٢٠٢٠
الاهل / الأوصياء الاعزاء،
مرحبًا بكم في عام دراسي مثير آخر وفي برنامج التعلم الافتراضي لمدارس ديربورن. يمثل كل عام دراسي جديد فرصة للبدء من جديد ، وتحديد أهداف جديدة والسعي ليكون كلاً منا أفضل ما يمكن أن يكون عليه. مع بدء العام الدراسي الجديد بطريقة مختلفة تمامًا ، نتطلع إلى التعاون معك لمساعدة طفلك (أطفالك) على النجاح. هذا حقًا مشروع مشترك نتطلع إلى بدئه.
في وقت سابق من هذا الشهر ، اتخذت قرارًا بتسجيل طفلك (أطفالك) في برنامج التعلم الافتراضي. ستلقى اطالب التعليم على يدي أحد موظفي مدرسة ديربورن الرسمية في بيئة افتراضية تمامًا مع الاستمرار في الاتصال بمدرسته / مدرستها الأساسية للحصول على المستلزمات والأنشطة اللاصفية. يرجى مراجعة مدونة مدرسة الطالب لمعرفة وقت استلام اللوازم والكتب المدرسية والأدوات التكنولوجية. سيرسل لك مدرس طفلك رسالة ترحيب بالبريد الإلكتروني قريبًا و سوف تضم أيضاً إرشادات تسجيل الدخول وبدء التعلم. سنواصل العمل مع كل طالب وعائلة لمساعدة الطلاب الذين يعانون من صعوبات في التعلم. من المهم لموظفي مدارس ديربورن الرسمية أن يظهر كل طالباً تقدماً و نموًا أكاديميًا ونجاحًا في التجربة.
التعلم الافتراضي شخصي ولكنه يتطلب تحفيزًا ذاتيًا ودعمًا من المنزل والمدرسة. يعتمد النجاح في المدرسة دائمًا على العمل المشترك بين المدرسة وأولياء الأمور والطلاب. في البيئة التعليمية الافتراضية 100٪ ، سوف يحتاج الآباء / الأوصياء إلى دعم أطفالهم من خلال:
● القراءة والرد على الاتصالات من المعلم
● القيام بدور المدرب الأكاديمي لأطفالهم.
○ تأكد من بقاء طفلك على اطلاع دائم ، وحضور الدروس المباشرة وتسليم الواجبات و المهام المدرسية.
○ ادعم و حفز طفلك على طلب المساعدة من معلمه.
○ تحقق من التقدم الأسبوعي للطفل من خلال موقع تواصل الأهل.
○ ساعد طفلك في الحصول على الدروس والواجبات من منصة سكولُجي/ Schoology.
○ راجع عمل طفلك وكن على دراية بتقدمه الأكاديمي.
معًا ، يمكننا مساعدة كل طفل على تحقيق النجاح. نتطلع إلى لقائكم في اللقاء التعريفي الافتراضي في ١٠ أيلول / سبتمبر من ٠٠ :٦ – ٠٠ :٧ م . سيتم إرسال رابط هذا الحدث من قبل معلم طفلك. لمزيد من المعلومات الرجاء زيارة موقع برنامج التعلم الافتراضي: https://vlp.dearbornschools.org/
إذا كان لديك أي أسئلة ، يرجى الاتصال بالأرقام التالية: ٣٠٢٤ – ٨٢٧ (٣١٣) – ٣٧٣٨ – ٨٢٧ (٣١٣).
د. جيل تشوكول
المدراء التنفيذيين لإنجازات الطلاب
Dear Becker Families,
Please refer to the link below for all current back to school information.
|Dear Becker Families,|
On Monday, August 10 the Board of Education approved a plan for all Dearborn Public School students to return to school on-line. Students from kindergarten through high school will take classes online at least until sometime around the beginning of October. The board will reevaluate conditions later in September to see if it is possible for some or all students to begin returning to their classrooms perhaps in a blended model of in-class and on-line learning. The District understands there are parents who want their children in a 100% virtual learning program no matter what phase the State is in or how other students in the District are attending school. For the parents who want a 100% on-line option for the entire school year, the school district has created the Dearborn Virtual Learning Program for students K-12. Parents selecting this option are opting their children into the program for a one-year commitment.
In order to meet staffing, transportation, and several other components of our new school environment, it is vitally important to know how many students will join the Virtual Program. Parents seeking more information and/or are interested in opting their child(ren) into this program are highly encouraged to visit our school on Wednesday, August 12 between 10:00-3:00.
School administrators will be on hand (social distancing, limited numbers, and masks will be enforced) on Wednesday, August 12 from 10:00-3:00 to meet with parents. If you have children at different grade levels and buildings, you do not need to attend meetings at multiple schools. Opt-in forms will be available and parents can opt-in all their children at one location. Here is a link to the complete schedule of schools and meetings.https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SdFISdKk-c1Lbkz7Vj5irylxEkqJOKZy2J3HJGvJ_tI/edit#heading=h.e1437s49s5yw.
If you are not comfortable meeting in a safe environment at the school or are unable to attend on one of the scheduled days, please call or email the school so we may discuss this option and begin the opt-in process for your children. We can be reached at (313)827-6950. We understand there are many questions, concerns, and uncertainties as we approach the start of the school year. Our Back to School Reopen Committee has spent many hours considering all of the health, safety, logistical, and educational concerns before making their recommendations. Our Board spent many hours reviewing those recommendations including a six hour Study Session to hear from the various sub-committees and stakeholders. We are now ready to move forward, together, to ensure what will be an interesting, but great, start to the 2020-21 school year.