Halloween is upon us!
Tuesday, October 31st, at 2:15 will be the River Oaks Annual Halloween Parade followed by a short Classroom party. We will start putting costumes on at about 1:50. At 2:15, weather permitting, we will join the classes and proceed to the back playground and march around the track. Parents and families are welcome to come watch, wave and take pictures from the asphalt area of the playground. If it rains, then students will parade through the hallways and into the gym or cafeteria where families and parents are gathered. After the parade we will head to our room for a few fun activities. Here are the school mandated guidelines regarding costumes.
- Non-violent -No blood or gore
- School appropriate
- No Masks or full make-up
- No weapons, brooms, etc.
- Bring costume in a bag; do not wear it to school
- Students must be able to put it on by themselves.
- Needs to go on over clothes.
Party – I have a few activities and could use 4 parent volunteers starting at about 2:00 to help set up and run. I have 4 stations that students will rotate through 5-6 students at a time.
- Craft Activity – all materials are purchased and I would love 2 parents to run this.
- Refreshments Station – 2 parents to help pass out food.
- Passing out Candy- students will pass out any goodies that they brought in to pass out.
- Halloween Bump – math game
Of course any help is welcomed especially with setup and cleanup. You are welcome to come enjoy this time with your student.
Donations – Students are welcome to bring candy or small novelties to pass out, if they wish. We have 21 students in our class. Please NO peanuts/ Peanut Butter. We have a peanut allergy in our class.
Please consider donating one of the following items:
- Small bottles of water
- Veggie tray
- Chips (individually wrapped)
- Goldfish crackers (individually wrapped)
Please email me at fowlerj@dearborn schools.org or complete the form that is being sent home today and return to me on Monday. That way I can contact you if I receive multiple response for an item.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs. J. Fowler