Happy Halloween! Please see the attached flyer for information on how your child can participate in the Nowlin Virtual Costume celebration. I am also attaching the link to our class Flipgrid, where you can upload your child’s video. Click on the link, then login using your child’s user id and password (the same ones you use to log into Schoology). If you need your child’s login information, let me know. The deadline is October 31st. Have fun! https://flipgrid.com/ed6f87c3
Our Transportation Department has contacted our school that some of the family members who are bringing students to the bus are not wearing masks. It is imperative for the safety of our staff that anyone who approaches the bus must be wearing a mask.
I am attaching the screening sheets that will be used for family screening of COVID-19. Please take some time to review them.
Thank you for helping to keep everyone in the schools safe and healthy.
Tomorrow is the official start of our school year. We have a short week consisting of 4 half-days, our day starts at 8:50am and goes until 12:00pm. Tomorrow and the week ahead will not be a tight time schedule. I am asking that you take some time tomorrow getting familiar with Schoology. You can access this site, http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=2686610 , for a brief introduction into Schoology. I am here to help my students and parents navigate the new platform.
- Schoology will be available for students Monday morning. They will sign in using Google (Dearborn Account)
- To sign into a Chromebook, students use their district credentials: – User Name = Student Number- Password = whatever they set it as last year, we did NOT change any passwords. New students will have their passwords set to their birthday (MMDDYYYY) as per MiStar.
- Students can access Schoology from the Student Portal on the district web site (Staff can use the Staff Portal).
- Students using district issued Chromebooks will have two tabs open upon start up, the district student portal page AND the Schoology page.
If you have any issues logging on to schoology please let me know! I will be reaching out to you all again tomorrow!
Hello! I wanted to reach out to you all and introduce myself. Some of you do not know me, my name is Ms. Kristen Blank and I will be teaching 3rd and 4th grade ASD this year at Nowlin Elementary.
This year is definitely different but I know that it will be just as amazing. As I am sure you are aware, we are starting the school year off virtually. Starting September 21st 2020 we will be holding “learning labs”, this will be in-person learning for our students. We are still working out the details of this however we know that they will be starting the 21st and will be 2.5 hour sessions, 5 days a week. There will be 2 groups, an AM session, and a PM session. Transportation will be provided!
The link to the form that needs to be completed is below. I ask that you complete the form no matter what option you choose, the first question will be if you want them to participate in the learning labs. The form needs to be completed no later than next week Wednesday, September 2nd 2020.
- We are using Schoology as our platform and I will be sending more information regarding this in the near future.
- We will be holding quick orientation meetings this week and will be sending out an email for times/days if you are interested (we will be going over schoology a bit).
- We will also be holding contingency plan meetings which I will be sending out another email for times/days. This one may be virtual!
- Please let me know if you do not have a chromebook and need one from the district to access the virtually learning materials.
If you have any questions/comments/concerns please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will reach out to you asap. Thank you again, I look forward to working with you and your child, I also look forward to an amazing yet untraditional school year!
Hello Parents and Students,
I hope this post finds you and your family doing well.
The school reopening committee would appreciate your input. Please click on the link below and take this brief survey.
ATTENTION All FAMILIES WITH A FOUR-YEAR-OLD CHILD
Dearborn Schools offers a Free Preschool Program
GSRP is a free program for all eligible families and is designed to give a high quality preschool experience prior to Kindergarten.
Eligibility is primarily based on family income (federal poverty level), life experiences and child’s age. If your child’s birth date is between December 2, 2015 to December 1, 2016, your child may qualify for this program.
If you would like to be sent information about registration for the 2020-2021 school year please fill in the GSRP Interest Form 2020-2021 and someone will contact you as we start the registration process. Below is the link:
If you have any other questions please email Amy Modica email@example.com
بلاغ إلى جميع الأسر التي لديها طفل يبلغ من العمر أربع سنوات
مدارس ديربورن تقدم برنامج البداية الرائعة الاستعدادي المجاني
برنامج البداية الرائعة الاستعدادي هو برنامج مجاني لجميع الأسر المستحقة ويهدف إلى إعطاء تجربة دراسية – قبل الروضة – للأطفال.
تعتمد أهلية القبول في هذا البرنامج في المقام الأول على دخل الأسرة (مستوى الفقر الفيدرالي) ، وتجارب الحياة وعمر الطفل. إذا وقع تاريخ ميلاد طفلك بين ٢ كانون الأول / ديسمبر٢٠١٥ إلى ١ كانون الأول/ ديسمبر ٢٠١٦ ، فقد يكون طفلك مؤهلاً لهذا البرنامج. إذا كنت ترغب في استلام معلومات حول التسجيل للسنة الدراسية ٢٠٢٠-٢٠٢١ ، يرجى ملء نموذج GSRP 2020-2021 وسيتصل بك أحد كوادرنا عند بدء عملية
Kindergarten enrolled is happening now! Please visit the website below for more information.