Hope you enjoyed your weekend 🙂 This week:
- This week on Tuesday and Thursday morning we will be taking the math and reading iready computer test. The test is new this year and it takes the place of the NWEA that we’ve taken in previous years. Please ensure your child is in school and on time those days having eaten a healthy breakfast and had a good night’s sleep.
- Please join the PTA if you haven’t yet! Currently our class has 52% PTA participation. Let’s get it up to 100%! Also, the first PTA meeting will be this Thursday. More info to come.
- Field trip permission slips and money, $12 per person are due this Wednesday. Please let me know ASAP if your child won’t be attending the trip.
- Due to the iready testing this week, in math we will only be completing lessons 9-11.
- We started our ELA Benchmark curriculum today. On Friday I sent home spelling words and sight words/high frequency words for this week. The test for all those words is Friday. Spelling words can also be found at the top of the blog under the heading Spelling Words. Going home today (and every Monday) is a fluency passage. Your child should read the passage three times each day, put a check mark in the box for each time it is read and a parent signs each day. Students should also find and highlight the words in the passage. Fluency passages stay home all week and are due Friday. Also going home today (and every Monday) is your child’s book bag. There are two phonics books inside. Your child should read the books everyday at home and return them on Friday. Students do not keep the books and should not write in them. Benchmark starts off easier and progressively gets more challenging as the year goes on. Let me know if you have any questions.
Have a lovely week!