This is a flyer for the DPS social emotional support hotline. Staff will be available daily from 8am-4pm to take calls starting tomorrow.
(If you checked out a school Chromebook wait 24-48 hours before trying the steps below. The Computer Department needs to reconfigure the Chromebook for you so it can connect to your WiFi.)
If you have checked out a school Chromebook and are having issues connecting try the steps listed below:
- Turn off the Chromebook (holding the power button is okay)
- Turn the Chromebook back on.
- Connect to your home WiFi.
- You should see a screen that says “Sign in to your Chromebook”. Leave the Chromebook on this screen for 5-10 minutes.
- Restart the Chromebook again.
إذا قمت بسحب جهاز كمبيوتر محمول في المدرسة وكنت تواجه مشكلات في الاتصال ، فجرّب الخطوات الواردة أدناه.
- قم بإيقاف تشغيل الكمبيوتر المحمول (مع الاستمرار في الضغط على زر الطاقة)
- أعد تشغيل الكمبيوتر المحمول.
- الاتصال بشبكة واي فاي منزلك.
- يجب أن تشاهد شاشة تقول “تسجيل الدخول إلى الكمبيوتر المحمول”. اترك الكمبيوتر المحمول على هذه الشاشة لمدة 5-10 دقائق.
- أعد تشغيل الكمبيوتر المحمول مرة أخرى.
Your 60 minutes of iReady is due tomorrow by 5pm!
I sent out an email to students who haven’t completed all their minutes yet. I also sent you an email if you failed a quiz twice.
Remember, the expectation is to have a year-to-date average of 70% for your iReady quizzes. Take your time going through the lessons, show your work for each problem, and write down important vocabulary. Doing these things will help you remember the lesson better and do well on the quiz! Also, when you are taking the quiz, you should be showing your work for each problem on a scrap piece of paper.
Please email me if you have any questions!
Quarter 3 ends next week (Friday, March 27th)! All missing assignments are due Wednesday, March 25th.
To submit a missing assignment take a picture of your work and email it to me. In the subject line of your email write your core, first and last name, and the name of the assignment in MiStar. For example, John Smith-Core 2-Math Menu Lesson 10.
All math menus and study guides are posted on my blog. If you don’t have a printer, write the title of the assignment on the top of your paper and show your work for each question. If you have any questions, please email me!
Student, please check your emails and watch the video I sent you, to learn about 5 important strategies to use when working from home!
Comcast is offering a ‘Internet Essentials’ package for free for low-income customers for 60 days. Please read the article to see if you qualify: Free Internet Article
- Every week you complete 1 hour of iReady and earn a 70% or higher on your quizzes.
- Work on iReady for 10-15 minutes everyday.
- iReady minutes are due every Sunday by 5pm.
- If you fail a quiz twice, I will email you to set up a Google Hangout so we can go over the quiz.
- To access iReady go to Clever and log in.
- Every week complete the assignments on my iLearn course, “Math Home Learning 2020”
- Complete on 1-2 iLearn assignments everyday.
- All iLearn assignments are due every Sunday by 5pm.
- To access iLearn go to Clever and log in.
Please email me if you have any questions. I’m here to help!
- Log into iLearn (click iLearn to get to the login page).
- Look for this box:
- Type in your core’s enrollment code:
- Core 1: mzc96y
- Core 2: dutixz
- Core 3: yrfryc
- After you click enroll, look for this picture:
- Each time you log in to iLearn, you will click the picture to access your assignments.
The building is now closed until further notice, so you aren’t able to pick up your math books anymore.
Starting Monday, I will be posting weekly assignments on iLearn. These assignments are required and will be graded.
You are also required to work for 1 hour on iReady each week (10-15 minutes each day). You will receive a grade each week for your work on iReady. If you only have a phone to complete online work, please email me. (iReady is only supported on tablets and computers/laptops.)
Please check my blog regularly for updates!
Dearborn Public Schools will be closed 3/13/20 and students may report on 4/13/20. Today (during the morning only!) you may come in to get your things. Please come in and get your Instruction and Practice and Problem Solving book from my room!