We had a really productive Disney trip meeting on Tuesday! If you weren’t able to make it, here is the packet of information:
CLICK HERE for Disney Trip Information
We will fund raise our lives away to make it happen 🙂 Any questions? Please e-mail me at email@example.com
Monday: Winter Perc @ 3:00 – 4:30
Thursday: Half day – 4th/5th/6th hour
Friday – Monday: No School for mid-winter break
Parents – Please ask your child about the green festival itinerary that they received in class.
Have a great weekend!
We have a date! Band and Orchestra will be attending festival on Friday, March 1 at Redford Thurston High School.
Orchestra performs at 10:20 a.m.
Band performs at 1:20 p.m.
We will not need to take an equipment trailer this year 🙂 Please stay tuned for the itinerary. It will depend on bus availability through DPS.
Mark your calendars!
Lots of exciting things this week!
- ALL students that attended Solo & Ensemble this week earned medals in either a Division 1 or Division 2 rating! EXCEPTIONAL work! 😀
- DISNEY MEETING – Tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. in the Choir Room at Edsel Ford. This is a very important informational meeting for families that are even considering going on the trip next spring. There will be a lot of information including payment plans, how to login to their online portal, itineraries, travel info, hotel info, etc. This is one you do not want to miss.
- Crescendo Club – This meeting will follow the Disney meeting and start no later than 7:00 p.m. in the choir. If time permits, we can start earlier 🙂
- Playing Tests – Remember those tests you wrote for yourself a couple of weeks ago? As a reminder, they’re tomorrow.
This is a long list, but please read everything. It’s all good stuff.
Friday – Percussion Ensemble @ 3:00 – 5:30
Solo & Ensemble participants – Make sure you have copies of all of your music and an original score for the judge. Both your copy and the copy for the judge needs to have all measures numbered, and please put a post-it or paper clip in your book to indicate which page it’s on.
All groups are welcome to practice after school for the remainder of the week. Please take advantage! It’ll come up before you know it. I would like to listen to each group to help give advice before you go. Come see me or send me an e-mail regarding when you would like to do that. I’m happy to help! 🙂
DISNEY!!! Our trip meeting is Tuesday, February 5 at 6:00 p.m. in the Edsel Ford choir room. We will be setting a calendar, distributing payment plans, etc. If you are even just considering going on the trip (and I hope you all are), this is an important meeting to attend.
Crescendo Club meeting to follow no later than 7:00 p.m.
Mangia, Music, & More III: Tickets are officially on sale online! Thank you, Mama Derrington! Hard copies of tickets will be sent home with students this week. CLICK HERE to buy online!
Each student has a goal of selling 10 tickets for our biggest fundraiser of the year. This helps keep the cost of extra curricular activities as low as possible. Pre-sale tickets only so we can prepare the appropriate amount of food.
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Next week on Tuesday, freshmen are invited to Cocoa and Cram in upper A hall to study for finals. Link Leaders will be helping students study and…. there’s Cocoa! You can work on your music final study guide as well 😀
Good luck, everyone!
Greetings and Happy New Year!
Tomorrow – Winter Percussion @ 3:00 – 5:30
4 week countdown to Solo & Ensemble! If you are having difficulty getting in touch with an accompanist, I will provide you with additional resources.
I hope you all had a restful break and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Here is the schedule for Solo and Ensemble at Livonia Franklin High School:
CLICK HERE for the 2019 Solo and Ensemble Schedule
* Arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of time to find your warm-up room. A room chair (another band or orchestra director) will be in there to take you to your performance room.
* Make sure you have extra reeds, valve oil, strings, cork grease, etc. You never know!
* Originals: All performances must have an original score to give to the judge. If it’s downloaded purchase, bring a receipt or have the website highlighted. You will not be able to perform for a rating if you don’t have the originals.
* Soloists: Please let me know if you still need a piano accompanist. If your piece has a piano part, it must be played or you will not get a rating.
* Percussion: You do NOT have to take equipment home the night before. Hooray! After S/E, everyone needs to go back to Edsel to unload the trailer and equipment. It can not be left in the trailer until Monday. That is a recipe for wood to crack. No bueno.. Keyboards will go in the trailer and everything else will need to go in cars, so plan ahead.
Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any further questions!
One more week to conquer before break!
Solo & Ensemble Participants: If you are playing a solo and need an accompanist, please call Catherine Krenek at 313-561-7910. The sooner you call, the better. You are welcome to use Edsel Ford to rehearse.
Monday – Percussion Ensemble @ 3:00 – 5:30
Tuesday – Winter Concert @ 7:00
*All students in concert black attire.
Band – 5:45 at EF; On Stage at 6:00
Orchestra – 6:15 at EF; In Cafeteria at 6:30
We only have 15 minutes per group to warm up and tune on stage. Please do not be late.
Friday – Secret Santa & Potluck; Orchestra and Symphony Band have already signed up for potluck items; Concert Band students – We will create a sign-up on Monday.
Orders are in!! 🙂 If you sold Yankee Candle, I will be available at the end of the day to send them home. We will go through all orders together to make sure all items are accounted for and nothing was damaged in shipping.
We only have orders that were placed through the catalog/order form. Online orders were sent to individuals who made the purchase.
Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions and have a great night!
I hope you have all had a wonderful week. It’s the home stretch for concert preparations!
Winter Music Concert Reminder: December 18 @ 7:00 p.m.
Monday: Winter Percussion @ 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday: Full Band @ T-Time
Also Tuesday: Crescendo Club Meeting @ 7:00 p.m. in the choir room. This is for all performing arts families who can spare an hour. Please come if you are able 🙂
Thursday: Full Band @ T-Time
Wednesday – Friday: No activities for instrumental music after school. If you are planning on going to Solo & Ensemble and would like to use that time to finalize music selections, speak with me about accompanists, etc. I am happy to help. Please make sure to let me know if you are coming by after school so I can plan ahead.