- Winter is quickly approaching and the temperature has been dropping! Please make sure that your child is dressed warmly each day. All students should be wearing a coat, hat, and mittens or gloves to school each day.
- Please make sure to send in a healthy snack with your child each day. No sweets, please.
- There will be a PTA meeting this Thursday in the cafeteria at 9:00am.
- Scholastic book orders are due by this Wednesday. I would like to place the order so that the books are delivered before the end of next week so that students may enjoy reading them over the winter break. Any parent that is interested in placing an online order may do so using our classroom code which is FZZTH.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you, and enjoy your week!
- There will be no school this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for Thanksgiving Break.
- Homework packets for the week were sent home on Monday.
- Directions for the family tree project were sent home on Friday. The completed project is due Tuesday, November 28th.
- There are no spelling words for this week. Students will get a new list on Monday.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving break and please make sure your child continues to read each day!
Reminder- Tomorrow is a late start day. Students will begin school at 9:35am.
- Homework: Beginning this week, I will be sending home a weekly homework packet on Mondays. Students will have on page of math homework per night, reading for at least 20 minutes, and spelling homework to be completed in their home journals. I recommend that the packets remain in the homework folders until they turn them in on Fridays so that they do not misplace them. Please make sure your child is completing his/her homework each day. I am also encouraging my class to access MobyMax or MyOn at home each day if internet access is available. Students all know how to log on to these sites through Clever. Please check the homework tab for a list of the spelling assignments that are to be completed each day.
- Conferences: Thank you to all the parents that met with me last week! It was great meeting all the parents! Students with conferences this Wednesday are:
- Saleh at 3:40pm
- Ali at 4:00pm
- Mohammed Alnamer at 4:20pm
- Rammah at 4:40pm
- Nabil at 5:00pm
- Fitahey at 5:20pm
- Mohamed G. at 5:40pm
- Ahmed Q. at 6:00pm
- Zahra at 6:20pm
- Ahmed A. at 6:40pm
- Students with conferences on Thursday are:
- Lulah at 4:00pm
- Essa 4:20pm
- Ameerh 4:40pm
A reminder will be sent home the day before your scheduled conference. If you come at a time other than your appointment time, you will have to wait until I have seen those that are scheduled and present first.
Thank you for your continued support!
Tomorrow is a late start day. Students will start school one hour later at 9:35am. Please make sure your child is in school on time.
Just a reminder that tomorrow is a half day of school. Students will be dismissed at 11:45am.
Also, Picture Day is Monday! Order forms were sent home with students yesterday and are due on Monday with exact payment amount. Photos can also be purchased online before Monday.
Just a few important reminders for the week:
- Please remember to send in a healthy snack with your child each day.
- All students should be reading for a minimum of 20 minutes at home each day. Students should also be logging onto MyOn and Moby Max through the Clever tab whenever possible. Individual login information is in each child’s homework folder.
- There will be a parent meeting in the cafeteria this Thursday at 9:00am, immediately followed by a building wide open house.
- This Friday, October 13th is half day of school for students. Dismissal will be at 11:45am.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your continued support!